what kind of leader do you think recep tayyip erdoğan?
by whysadman - May 23, 2021 at 06:23 PM
I would be glad if you answer without racism.
The Western media don't really paint him in a good light.
(May 24, 2021 at 01:32 PM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote: The Western media don't really paint him in a good light.

that's about all i know about him too
(May 24, 2021 at 05:43 PM)Peter_Pettigrew Wrote:
(May 24, 2021 at 01:32 PM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote: The Western media don't really paint him in a good light.

I guess it's just 'selling an enemy'
Anything to make us westerners mad about whatever.
He seems a mix between Turkish nationalism, populism and Islamism. But still he is a very skilled politician and one of the strongest leaders of modern day Turkey since Mustafa Kemal Atatürk.
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: Multiaccounting
(May 25, 2021 at 09:03 AM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote:

turkey, china, muslims, brown people in general, so many to choose from! thanks cnn and fox news!
(May 25, 2021 at 09:37 PM)Peter_Pettigrew Wrote:
(May 25, 2021 at 09:03 AM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote:

turkey, china, muslims, brown people in general, so many to choose from! thanks cnn and fox news!

This is 101 how you get the public on your side. Exploit the 'otherness' of people and offer protection. Remember, it ain't about delivering on dreams anymore, it's all about just protecting us from nightmares. Nightmares created by the very people who offer to save us.
Erdoğan is a piece of shit and one of the worst global leaders of recent times.
Ban Reason: Threatening to dox a member and alt account. https://i.imgur.com/n3WqW83.png Registration IP: 92.60.40.212 Last Known IP: 92.60.40.211
He did some good things but what I hate about him is that he also uses religion to please others. He talks against Israel but at the same time, Turkish trade with Israel has reached around $500 million. That's why he is a hypocrite. As for other things I was reading about him on Quora and here's what I found:

His accomplishments:

He made the tax collection system really functional( before him it was really a comedy )

He made it possible to learn and study openly for minorities in their own language

He privatized some of the government's bodies which was really a hunchback for the country.

He ended military tutelage.

Failures

1-He allied himself with Gülen organization gave them whatever they asked for which leads to

Complete destruction of the judicial system ( now there is not a body that can rule according to law)

The complete distraction of the system of education ( university are now full of academist who are taking orders from someone instead of doing science)

Complete destruction of free press ( %90 percent of media can not write the reality)

Complete destruction of democracy ( as the new system gives the president a ridiculous amount of power which also makes the general election not reliable)

2-Complete destruction of his own accomplishments:

Dragging us to a war that harmed our economy without any reasonable reason ( Syrian war)

Act as a leader of the Muslim world instead of Turkey’s which turns the privatization process into some kind of forgery.

Giving all the government tenders to Islamic origin establishment even it is not in Turkey’s favor

Using religion as an indicator has prevented the most suitable person from the position.

Using his power to silence any opposition he dislikes including the declaration of invalidation of a court decision as he dislikes, threatening the people openly, ignore applications which he is obliged to consider and accept according to law, using an organization(Gulen organization) to prison opposition without proof although he gave this organization power to act illegally. Using the organization’s crime he was part of to silence leaders of minorities as well as parliament by extending the state of emergency without any reason.

Legislate everything he wishes that has nothing to do with democracy

3-Preventing investigation of the coup attempt

He prevented the ballistic investigation on the firearms used in the coup attempt

He prevented investigation on the key actors of THE coup attempts as well as any politician. He only put demirtas in prison who is the leader of the Kurdish party. Although him not demirtas was Gülen s partner.

He told judges who are enlisted to coup attempt prosecution to hurry up and they should have been finished by now.

4-Stage himself a coup to establish his own tutelage.

Source: Quora
Corrupt, low IQ, delusions of greatness. His ideas on inflation... hahaha. He thinks LOWER rates will fix the problem.
(May 29, 2021 at 04:34 AM)EPP Wrote: Corrupt, low IQ, delusions of greatness. His ideas on inflation... hahaha. He thinks LOWER rates will fix the problem.

Yep, I agree with you. 

[Image: 3310.jpeg]

And anyone who says "Turkey has free speech" is an absolute idiot. 

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk did a very good job at building a modern Turkey, he clearly separated religion from politics (which is a very important thing to do if you want a successful state). Erdogan however more and more does just the opposite. That's where he fails.
He is definitely not a puppet of the west. Although he is still an Islamist and has a desire to restore the Ottoman empire.
Ban Reason: Multiaccounting

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
What do you think about feminism? ch0colate 73 14,168 June 06, 2021 at 09:03 AM
Last Post: crockett
Do you think Trump will be reelected? mike08 29 3,735 February 12, 2021 at 03:22 PM
Last Post: Dredgen Sun
[British] Next Conservative leader jhp97kab 7 1,736 September 16, 2019 at 03:03 PM
Last Post: Dredgen Sun