restrict public access to raidforum threads
by Argand Plane - April 25, 2021 at 07:54 PM
I see that most threads on here are publicly accessible. while I know it doesn't take much to register an account here, making things publicly inaccessible without a login might help with not attracting undue attention.

your thoughts?
Bad idea other forums have done it and it stops content previews to see if its worth signing up for as well as preventing users from having content indexed on discord which enables more people to find raidforums for the resources they need or want lol.
But this stops nothing? They’d just make an account and it would inflate numbers, that is also to say that researchers and government officials alike don’t already have their own respective accounts, and I feel it would be disingenuous to say “Login To View Content” have someone make an entire account, just for them to need credits to obtain a link or something; time truly is money.

I wanted this for awhile, but now I don’t really care - especially considering everytime I want to look at something on OGUsers I have to make a new account (account 30 now)
(April 25, 2021 at 08:00 PM)moot Wrote: But this stops nothing? They’d just make an account and it would inflate numbers, that is also to say that researchers and government officials alike don’t already have their own respective accounts, and I feel it would be disingenuous to say “Login To View Content” have someone make an entire account, just for them to need credits to obtain a link or something; time truly is money.

I wanted this for awhile, but now I don’t really care - especially considering everytime I want to look at something on OGUsers I have to make a new account (account 30 now)

Good job you can just steal an account from the many data breaches.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Limit who can post threads in "Cracking Tools" section. pompompurin 17 1,559 April 30, 2021 at 12:44 PM
Last Post: Awesome735
[Suggestion] Public User Ban History Jaw 8 1,202 April 17, 2021 at 03:27 AM
Last Post: pompompurin
Sort forum threads by time etc. redXXX 3 689 June 10, 2020 at 03:10 AM
Last Post: Omnipotent