Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
political differences in the family
Hi,

I've run into a problem. On one side I have my relationship with my brother and so forth, on the other he's on one side of the political sphere and I'm on the other. What would you guys choose? It's impossible to respect his choices and there's so much in between us. How do one act to salvage this?
Watch Ben Shapiro together. Ben Shapiro agrees with me on ALMOST everything.
Israeli first Ben huh? That's a good laugh. I've seen a bunch of hispanics who like him. I guess you guys don't get the ROLE HE'S PLAYING and the purpose he serves.

All bullshit Ben does is repeat cuckservative speaking points in an attempt to control the Right's narrative for the day. So that you'll work till you drop so you pay taxes that go to aid Israel and have kids that will fight their wars for them. Also for the nutty Christians to give money to them. His boss is a nut job who thinks the world is only 4,000 years old and that people coexisted with dinosaurs ffs. He was also the main benefactor (and still is) of Ted Cruz which is why little Benny craps on Trump and praise the other weirdo.

Now to the original question. Avoid it. Agree to disagree and speak no more of it. He's your brother. That's your blood, your family. He matters. Some social issue meant to distract you doesn't.
Just don't talk about it.
everyone has the right to their opinion, even if you do not like it. Just avoid sharp topics and do not offend his looks. It's very stupid to quarrel over politics with your family
(04-02-2018, 03:33 AM)Nombre Wrote:  Watch Ben Shapiro together. Ben Shapiro agrees with me on ALMOST everything.

uh, I've read about him now and I don't really agree lol

(04-02-2018, 06:26 AM)EPP Wrote:  Israeli first Ben huh? That's a good laugh. I've seen a bunch of hispanics who like him. I guess you guys don't get the ROLE HE'S PLAYING and the purpose he serves.

All bullshit Ben does is repeat cuckservative speaking points in an attempt to control the Right's narrative for the day. So that you'll work till you drop so you pay taxes that go to aid Israel and have kids that will fight their wars for them. Also for the nutty Christians to give money to them. His boss is a nut job who thinks the world is only 4,000 years old and that people coexisted with dinosaurs ffs. He was also the main benefactor (and still is) of Ted Cruz which is why little Benny craps on Trump and praise the other weirdo.

Now to the original question. Avoid it. Agree to disagree and speak no more of it. He's your brother. That's your blood, your family. He matters. Some social issue meant to distract you doesn't.

True, well, I've been trying and he's spreading these stupid facebook posts with political parties that really are, how can I say it... bad. I might have to block him from facebook, or at least so it doesn't show up in my feed.

(04-11-2018, 11:29 PM)katya000 Wrote:  everyone has the right to their opinion, even if you do not like it. Just avoid sharp topics and do not offend his looks. It's very stupid to quarrel over politics with your family

well, it's not that easy as it sounds. Oh well, we'll see how it pans out. Thanks for the answer.
if you are a democrat and your family member is a republican, its not a dealbreaker, if your family member supports trump, theyre an idiot.
(04-02-2018, 03:33 AM)Nombre Wrote:  Watch Ben Shapiro together. Ben Shapiro agrees with me on ALMOST everything.

Ben Shapiro is pretty retarded on a lot of shit
r e l a t a b l e
Most of my family is Turkish but I was born and raised in the Netherlands so I had a whole different upbringing than some of my older relatives and it fucking sucks. For example I hate Erdogan with all of my heart and when I hear my uncle talk about how great of a politician he is I try not to say anything but me being me I started a very deep discussion with hella good arguments that he couldn't handle and now he banned his kids from talking to me ever again lmao. Mans literally said I'm a bad influence on the Turkish side of the family because I'm too western. Just try to avoid political conversations with family members as much as you can when you know your views are too different and your family can't accept it.
You just don't have to discuss politics with him, I'm sure you share other things you can talk about
Just to not talk about the differences doesn't help. Interesting thread. Looking forward to read how you deal with it.
Is your brother a thoughtful guy? does he just talk shit or does he know what he is talking about. If he is misinformed that is hard especially if he is just trusting the stuff he posts on Facebook for truth. You could ask him to stop posting the stuff?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you arrest a family member? raidflacs2k 5 144 11-27-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: derpyhooflol