[help needed] c++
by FiveSix - November 23, 2021 at 07:54 PM
who can teach me a couple things about c++ , i have the questions ready, i just need someone who can answer them accordingly. dm me or comment your discord if you can.
Teach you a couple things? as in help you understand how cpp differs from cs or teach you cpp entirely?
(November 23, 2021 at 07:57 PM)kith Wrote: Teach you a couple things? as in help you understand how cpp differs from cs or teach you cpp entirely?

teach me certain topics regarding c++ programming. certain functions and how to get them to work
well, you have to go through the basics or at least share any specific thing you wanna know

and a lot of new fancy c++17 things you can do without. as well as pointers if they confuse you. rather have crappy code working than perfect code that never works
go watch some youtube tutorials
(November 23, 2021 at 08:42 PM)JohnBill Wrote: well, you have to go through the basics or at least share any specific thing you wanna know

and a lot of new fancy c++17 things you can do without. as well as pointers if they confuse you. rather have crappy code working than perfect code that never works

well in specific im wondering about winAPI. ive looked through std::filesystem and found some alright things. im wondering the most effective method to tell a c++ program get a list of all directory and subdirecotrys on the windows machine and store them for later use. ive read into recursive directory iteration and was looking for some pointers on how this works and how to make it work in a program. ive tried youtube and other sources but no tutorials show what i search its all irrelevant topics.
(November 24, 2021 at 06:27 PM)FiveSix Wrote:
(November 23, 2021 at 08:42 PM)JohnBill Wrote: well, you have to go through the basics or at least share any specific thing you wanna know

well in specific im wondering about winAPI. ive looked through std::filesystem and found some alright things. im wondering the most effective method to tell a c++ program get a list of all directory and subdirecotrys on the windows machine and store them for later use. ive read into recursive directory iteration and was looking for some pointers on how this works and how to make it work in a program. ive tried youtube and other sources but no tutorials show what i search its all irrelevant topics.

looks like you want a std::filesystem::recursive_directory_iterator

iterator is nice in that it steps through without loading everything into memory first

you'd just need some for(const auto & p : std::filesystem::recursive_directory_iterator("BASE_FILEPATH"))

and then push p.path into some file. use ofstream to open a file to write into it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Security Expert needed canadaghost 8 556 November 19, 2021 at 01:44 AM
Last Post: EPP
Cracking a certain software [help needed] soontoberich 2 378 June 21, 2021 at 09:15 PM
Last Post: soontoberich
please help i need financial help mx150 7 617 June 03, 2021 at 03:45 PM
Last Post: HassaMassa