doubts on VPN
by pal - September 07, 2020 at 03:12 PM
do VPN services ( say nord or windscribe ) keep track of their customer original IP?

related question:-

if a person uses a cracked account without changing the password will the VPN service provider know the original IP of the fake user, will there be any legal actions?
(September 07, 2020 at 03:12 PM)pal Wrote: do VPN services ( say nord or windscribe ) keep track of their customer original IP?

related question:-

if a person uses a cracked account without changing the password will the VPN service provider know the original IP of the fake user, will there be any legal actions?

of course they log ips dipshit, i only know one vpn that doesn't, and i ain't teling
Of course!

Any systems or network engineer will confirm that some minimal logging is required to properly maintain and optimize systems or the network.

The servers cannot be engaged without logs and a VPN provider cannot handle DNS requests. With no logs engaged, the VPN server cannot troubleshoot connections, or restrict the access of the VPN accounts based on their subscriptions.
use mullad vpn its no log.................
Any free vpn logs, premium ones offer "no logging", but no guarantee's
I don't think paid VPNs are all that great. Maybe self host somewhere in eastern europe and setup your own VPN. Set a cron job to delete your logs every 5 minutes or however long you want.

Or just pay for a seedbox and torrent through that
Even if your VPN provider claims not to keep logs, the reality is that their hosting provider or the administrator of the network infrastructure they operate on certainly do.
There's security in layers and disinformation. Rule #1 have as many degrees of separation or jumps between you and whatever ip is doing the bad stuff. Rule #2 Never let anybody know what youre doing.
Everything keeps logs, so if it says it doesn't, there's still logs somewhere.
(September 16, 2020 at 04:25 AM)uberkek Wrote: There's security in layers and disinformation. Rule #1 have as many degrees of separation or jumps between you and whatever ip is doing the bad stuff. Rule #2 Never let anybody know what youre doing.

Nice to see someone that has a clue => yes, security layered approch is the only way to go. I still recommend the person who has log paranoia, if they have suffient understanding of Linux or FreeBSD ... simply make your own VPN server. Or turn some idle Linux boxes you have managed to get root access on into a VPN or at very least ShadowSocks platform. It's very easy to identify servers rarely in use (e.g. uptime, last)

Remember like networking (ISO Model) which also functions in layers, it's important to apply such layering to all of the 'layers' of the process... from the purchase of a dedicated host, or again using one you control... clearly not connect from ISP to dedicated box .. common sense goes a long way.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
vpn+Rdp or vpn+socks5 for carding halaloya 1 524 October 24, 2019 at 06:33 PM
Last Post: cundera1001