cheap pc parts
by notafakekid - 04-04-2018, 10:28 PM
anyone know where i can buy fairly cheap pc parts, looking to build my own pc
Uhhhh try like stupid sites like ebay and Craigs list or just save up for better shit
(04-04-2018, 10:28 PM)notafakekid Wrote: anyone know where i can buy fairly cheap pc parts, looking to build my own pc

A really good source to look for PC deals is on Reddit of all places.

r/BuildAPCSales -
Best source for actual deals. People post parts as well as how much the discount is. Great place to find Graphics Cards and Monitors on sale. Also really good CPU deals.

r/HardwareSwap -
A place where people sell their hardware for cheap-ish, similar to Craigslist or Ebay. Good spot for buying DDR4 RAM or Graphics Cards. People have karma and confirmed trades so you can decide whether someone is trustworthy enough to buy from or not.
I would agree with ebay and CL, but there is this website I remember which allows you to create your own builds. It shows you the options with their amazon prices (along with compatibility and all)
reddit's buildapcsales is a good place to go, in addition to checking the usual spots (amazon, newegg, microcenter, etc)
best place is alipapa ; and they have good price
i used a verity of sites for different parts, different things on sale at different places,

Amazon
eBay
Newegg

and sometimes best buy has clearance sales in store.

Don't buy from sites overseas like Alibaba or Aliexpress, those parts are cheaply thrown together mass produced pieces of garbage with a minimal difference in price.
if we dont know where op lives then how the fuck can we give advice?
plus shops arent cheap for all products, but each products has one or more shops where it is the cheapest (and you have to know what you wanna buy and take shipping into acount)
I would try to hit up a Microcenter if you have one local to you. Microcenter is the best.
If you want to watch prices for specific products you can use PC Part Picker. You can set the price you would like to see and if the prices changes to that or under it will notify you of where you can buy it. If you know computer parts well enough and have a reasonable budget then you can set it up easily.

If you are looking for the absolute cheapest stuff you are going to have to do a lot more work. If you check locally where you are there might be some computer shops that sell used gear and sometimes you can even find places that sell pretty cheap donated PCs. Nothing will be top of the line but if you have no computer it can be a good start. Just look for something that is NOT oem because you will not really be able to upgrade those. Some will need a new psu and graphics card to make it decent enough, just check the motherboard and make sure it has a pci express 2.0 or 3.0 slot on there.
I hate amazon, but the components I buy them, because if something goes wrong the resolution of the dispute is easy, and as I do it almost always for work, with customers is a must ...
however, the pieces for computers cost more or less the same figure su and bay, aliexpress or amazon, even suspended amazon beats the other two, especially on medium-high level pieces of brands such as corsair, gigabyte, asus, nvidia etc.
and anyway the pieces for computers are expensive, if you pay them little there is something that does not go ... needless to do economy, better to wait and build them a little at a time, if you do not have the resources to buy all the pieces right away (speaking of fixed, of course ...)