Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best democracy
so which country do you reckon has the best democracy?
Honestly, any of the Nordic countries. 
Norway, Iceland and Sweden are the most notable.
(04-05-2018, 05:59 PM)Artless Wrote:  Honestly, any of the Nordic countries. 

Well, I'll agree with Iceland, but as for Sweden, and Norway I won't call that democracy anymore. Under the guise of "political correctness", and "tolerancy" they made freedom of speech(which is essential part of any true democracy) nearly non existent.
(04-06-2018, 11:29 AM)zygolus Wrote:  
(04-05-2018, 05:59 PM)Artless Wrote:  Honestly, any of the Nordic countries. 

Well, I'll agree with Iceland, but as for Sweden, and Norway I won't call that democracy anymore. Under the guise of "political correctness", and "tolerancy" they made freedom of speech(which is essential part of any true democracy) nearly non existent.

That is true - the press is very much oppressed in Norway & Sweden. Quite a interesting fact file here: https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-...016/norway . They rate Norway a F for press freedom status. 
Also have you looked into the Nordic Model? Very interesting read.
Switzerland has the best form of government. As for mob rule AKA democracy, no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLJBzhcSWTk
Also Antartica is not bad
Surely Russia has the best democracy, its so good, you don't even have to bother voting
Democracy is the tragedy of the commons applied at a national scale. Democracy is one of the worst things to have been created by humanity.
How can we expect a leader to care about the land they temporarily rule if they don't actually own it? I say bring back monarchy/absolutism.
(04-05-2018, 12:11 AM)somefakecoolguy Wrote:  so which country do you reckon has the best democracy?

A micronation that has a population of 1, obviously.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Trump may be the best thing for America Tac 10 1,660 01-21-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Miku