Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a question
how much would a customer database would go for? let's of a global computer manufacturer? i read somewhere, an unknown source, that a global computer manufacturer data has been hacked... it will be leaked soon, just how much is its value?
no price range, it's based on the seller
(11-15-2018, 08:13 AM)rakkar Wrote:  how much would a customer database would go for? let's of a global computer manufacturer? i read somewhere, an unknown source, that a global computer manufacturer data has been hacked... it will be leaked soon, just how much is its value?

well there is not enough information to answer the question (obviously).

Lets take an example that is a bit easier.

To you, my bike is worth the price of a second hand racing bike (minus the shipping costs to your country) and your life is worth millions.
To me, my bike is worth more than your life (because to me it does not matter if you live or die, it does not affect me, but I do use my bike frequently and I like it).

The price of something is based on the value the buyer derives from it, and the value it has to the seller.

In your example we don't even know if the database contains payment data (and which if any) which personal data, and who is buying it for what purpose.

A database of a Chinese telecom provider is probably worthless to your local butcher. But it may be valuable to a Chinese nerd who knows how to use it.
thanks brotherr, makes sense, depends on buyer i guess
THere are so many factors to this. There isnt really one ansewr or even a price range

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Simple question iamLudde 2 184 11-16-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: DDiddy
  serious question Agusta 11 636 11-05-2018, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Agusta
  n00b question leande1989Lee 1 176 10-27-2018, 03:56 PM
Last Post: AleXzDraza
  Warts, serious question. Ravioli 8 450 08-21-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Alpha53
  Question rodriguesnicolasc 10 600 08-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Japanana