You can mine crypto with HDD
by InfiniteOnTop - April 26, 2021 at 03:27 PM
Hello users of RaidForums,
I wanna tell that farming (that's how company likes to refer to making crypto with HDD) is now possible on storage.ย 
The coin is called "chia" and chinese been getting into it. If it becomes big thing then storage gonna cost like gpus, but im pretty sure it just gonna be another shitcoin that people invest as joke like dash or sushi and etc... Im pretty sure that "chia" has their own transactions programming language called "Chialisp".
ย  ย 
More about Chia:ย https://www.chia.net/
Chia coin value:ย https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chia-network/
Informative video explaing about Chia:ย https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smgVRXsBbio
it was created by Bram Cohen, the best network protocol engineer alive and the inventor of BitTorrent
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: 2 Months (1m, 3w, 2d remaining).
Ban Reason: Requested Ban
I'm really curious what becomes of this project and hope there wont be no shortage in HDDs.
(April 27, 2021 at 11:22 PM)m0t0rbr34th Wrote: I'm really curious what becomes of this project and hope there wont be no shortage in HDDs.
I might buy few HDD so if it becomes big thing I can make some profit from it
Wow this is actually a pretty good idea! I wonder what the power consumption would be like for a large rig of HDD's.
is this like storage coin and file coin? cool idea man
i hope the profits arent dogshit like some of the alternatives
(April 28, 2021 at 09:11 PM)grangus Wrote: i hope the profits arent dogshit like some of the alternatives
Don't be mad cuz u lost 100 usd in dogecoinย  Angel
(April 28, 2021 at 09:18 PM)InfiniteOnTop Wrote:
(April 28, 2021 at 09:11 PM)grangus Wrote: i hope the profits arent dogshit like some of the alternatives

i don't invest in cryptocurrencies
(April 28, 2021 at 09:20 PM)grangus Wrote:

Do u use crypto atleast
Avoid these things, you usualy won't make any money as it is as not profitable than mining.
Where mining is constant money, hdd mining require external customers to buy file storage service.
if nobody store data, you don't store them, you don't get money.
Even with this, you need a trust level that require you to constantly have the computer started else you will lose trust level, and the servers won't give you files to store, and so, won't make any profid.
(April 28, 2021 at 09:28 PM)InfiniteOnTop Wrote:
(April 28, 2021 at 09:20 PM)grangus Wrote:

Do u use crypto atleast

yeah I use it for a ton of crap but I wont invest in any

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Place where you can find all vr news Init1 1 225 April 19, 2021 at 10:17 AM
Last Post: raidff2021
Meth can make you go blind. Ravioli 23 3,187 March 07, 2018 at 02:34 PM
Last Post: yaboyblu
Tesla's Amazon cloud account was hacked and used to mine cryptocurrency pormeroabu 0 1,030 February 22, 2018 at 06:44 AM
Last Post: pormeroabu