Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yahoo Security Questions?
I'm trying to get into two Yahoo accounts. I have a set of possible answers for the security questions (which do not change on the accounts), but the answers keep changing. I know you get 6 tries every 8 hours, but every time I load up the recovery form, the answers are different. I'd get the first or second question right in one attempt and the answer would be wrong in another, but then it's right again in another attempt. It's not possible to change answers still right? I'm confused as to what is happening lol. If the person was aware of it they would have removed the questions already and added an alternate recovery method...
Why would you even want *Yahoo* accounts, of all accounts lmao
If you know where the target usually logs in from, it's easier to just proxy into the same city and try to set your user-agent to match what theirs would be.
That way you don't trigger the security questions at all.
Doesn't always work, but when it does it saves a lot of time!
(04-26-2017, 08:22 AM)noxatnox Wrote:  If you know where the target usually logs in from, it's easier to just proxy into the same city and try to set your user-agent to match what theirs would be.
That way you don't trigger the security questions at all.
Doesn't always work, but when it does it saves a lot of time!

thanks for the tip never know this.
try using a proxy near their location and the same browser they use
I have noticed a similar problem as well dealing with yahoo security questions. I think it is just a security thing where it may look like you are getting the answers right but really both are wrong.
Have you tried finding them in any database dumps? It will be easier than answering their security questions.
try logging in with Thunderbird.
Do as much OSINT as you can on a target, almost try to get to know them as possible. I swear it makes things much easier, most people don't bat an eye for security.
^ ye basically e-stalk the guys a fair amount and if ur still not gettin anything try a bit of social engineering assuming you can pull it off without looking weird
(04-26-2017, 07:57 AM)Phage Wrote:  Why would you even want *Yahoo* accounts, of all accounts lmao

Because yahoo is still relevant like any site or db thats still up it always has some relevance.
Love when you eventually get in then find everything's been deleted because it was inactive :(

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I register yahoo without mobile? cherrylicious1 15 956 08-21-2018, 10:11 AM
Last Post: loupc83
  Yahoo and Hotmail Mobile Bypass cherrylicious1 12 747 08-06-2018, 12:33 AM
Last Post: MrDydy2218
  Doeas mail access like AIO works on gmail or yahoo Hisoka1122 0 99 07-20-2018, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Hisoka1122
  METASCAN, automated web application and network security audit r4z0r5 4 326 07-17-2018, 01:04 PM
Last Post: r4z0r5
  Favorite Place to Get Tech/Hack/Security/Computer Info? Jploemann 15 1,967 02-07-2018, 11:33 AM
Last Post: SteveTheBeaver