Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Xiaomi. recommended or not?
Thinking about getting a Xiaomi. what are your opinions? recommended?
No. Cheap and often all apart. Better off getting a new OnePlus.
(06-16-2017, 09:05 PM)Strat0S Wrote:  No. Cheap and often all apart. Better off getting a new OnePlus.

Plus it's all chinese, if its anything like microtek or huawei the chinese have been installing backdoors on them.
I had one. It broke in 6 months... I do not recommend this brand.
(06-18-2017, 08:07 AM)plastic Wrote:  
(06-16-2017, 09:05 PM)Strat0S Wrote:  No. Cheap and often all apart. Better off getting a new OnePlus.

Plus it's all chinese, if its anything like microtek or huawei the chinese have been installing backdoors on them.

All phones these day do anyway. OnePlus is chink but by far the best of all of them.
(06-18-2017, 11:11 AM)Strat0S Wrote:  
(06-18-2017, 08:07 AM)plastic Wrote:  

All phones these day do anyway. OnePlus is chink but by far the best of all of them.

+1 for OnePlus.
I can advise LG phone too. Never had problems with them.
Now fuck Xiaomi, OnePlus 5 is coming.
(06-14-2017, 10:02 AM)tasaco Wrote:  Thinking about getting a Xiaomi. what are your opinions? recommended?

Definitely! I have a phone (Redmi 3s) and several other gadgets. And the quality is excellent and the price very good. I think it's one of the few Chinese brands where you get real quality.
I gotta say firm "no", much better out there now.
(07-07-2017, 07:07 PM)FreaX Wrote:  
(06-14-2017, 10:02 AM)tasaco Wrote:  Thinking about getting a Xiaomi. what are your opinions? recommended?

Definitely! I have a phone (Redmi 3s) and several other gadgets. And the quality is excellent and the price very good. I think it's one of the few Chinese brands where you get real quality.

Which Android ROM are you using? I'm on xiaomi.eu custom rom, but GPS sucks. Also random screen freezes.

But yea, with the phone itself I'm quite satisfied, most of the other people I know are satisfied as well. So if you find it's worth the price - take it.
I find that Huawei and Oppo are better than Xiaomi in term of durability and quality. If you just wanna go for cheaper one with shorter lifespan, then Xiaomi should be fine. I bought Xiaomi for my parents because it's easy to use for senior citizens...
(07-08-2017, 04:51 PM)standardusername Wrote:  Which Android ROM are you using? 

I use:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-...s-t3532085

It still has some small bugs but overall stability is very good.