Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would a vps be good for a vpn?
I have the know how and i want your guys ideas on a vps, vpn, like what hosting services to use. Also like in vpns how much trust can i put into a vps?
You could look for a bulletproof hosting. Even so, I would not trust them totally. You would need to own the hardware and network to really know that you're not keeping any kind of logs.
Hm
I use opera browser VPN
good for my, but I don't need totally anonymous
private VPN on a VPS is most def not any safer than using a dedicated VPN provider, all hosts will keep logs and billing information of some sort and ones that do not tend to cost alot more and often decrease its level of quality as well.
I was going to do this but same as others have said, wasn't convinced it would be any more secure than a dedicated provider. No idea what's going to be logged.
more secure would be find a VPS you can pay for in bitcoin, and blow away the image when done.
(03-14-2019, 03:37 PM)pdp11 Wrote:  more secure would be find a VPS you can pay for in bitcoin, and blow away the image when done.

been looking for one do you by chance know any reputable ones? I never plan on doing stuff that would require my threat model to change to radicly.
You could configure open vpn with a VPS, that wold work
If I would 100% make my own VPN using a VPS. Bullet proof or not. If you get in trouble just rebuy.
(03-17-2019, 10:27 PM)monkeycow Wrote:  If I would 100% make my own VPN using a VPS. Bullet proof or not. If you get in trouble just rebuy.
yeah but as people mentioned above, AWS for example rented out hard drives to the NSA, and therefor they might have more connection and could give them access!
but my threat model inst that extreme.
(03-18-2019, 03:51 AM)nsaspy Wrote:  
(03-17-2019, 10:27 PM)monkeycow Wrote:  If I would 100% make my own VPN using a VPS. Bullet proof or not. If you get in trouble just rebuy.
yeah but as people mentioned above, AWS for example rented out hard drives to the NSA, and therefor they might have more connection and could give them access!
but my threat model inst that extreme.

If this is the case then just go with a bulletproof host. I can't imagine most of them selling to the NSA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today? pormeroabu 81 4,810 Yesterday, 07:10 AM
Last Post: nsaspy
  i love this forum omg its so good ocdismex 10 321 03-20-2019, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Barioss
  What VPN service do you use? kattylove 140 10,515 03-17-2019, 11:05 PM
Last Post: THICCC
  would you rather 2 hackdude911 13 405 03-15-2019, 03:28 PM
Last Post: chris1234
  What VPN services do you use ? kavesember 2 133 03-14-2019, 05:45 PM
Last Post: kavesember