Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will war in middle east ever end?
In your opinion, will war in the middle east ever end? Personally i think there are too many different interests at stake and the region will never be able to be at peace, but constantly a battlefield for proxy wars between US, Russia, Iran and Saudi Arabia
I think that if you had three countries in and around Iraq composed of Kurds, Sunnis, and Shiites you'd have impoverished Baghdad with few economic drivers and if the present is any indication frequent civil war absent harsh dictatorships. Maybe there'd be Sunni repression in the Shia dominated south and  if Kurdistan were an independent nation everyone would consider them a threat like they do today and who knows whether they would unite around their own state--they haven't yet. Syria? 

My friend  https://www.universalhunt.com/profiles/b...stockstill once  told me "people get the government they deserve." Confused Saddam was very bad but at least kept order--in his absence the people reverted to sectarian violence. It's quite sad to think populations therefore deserve dictatorships, but unless they grow out of silly fundamentalism that's what they need to prevent themselves from killing each other.
(01-19-2019, 11:44 AM)Bistrus Wrote:  In your opinion, will war in the middle east ever end? Personally i think there are too many different interests at stake and the region will never be able to be at peace, but constantly a battlefield for proxy wars between US, Russia, Iran and Saudi Arabia
Yea if China smash Russia and America once and forever - it will end!
(01-30-2019, 01:20 PM)faithhines Wrote:  I think that if you had three countries in and around Iraq composed of Kurds, Sunnis, and Shiites you'd have impoverished Baghdad with few economic drivers and if the present is any indication frequent civil war absent harsh dictatorships. Maybe there'd be Sunni repression in the Shia dominated south and  if Kurdistan were an independent nation everyone would consider them a threat like they do today and who knows whether they would unite around their own state--they haven't yet. Syria? 

My friend  https://www.universalhunt.com/profiles/b...stockstill once  told me "people get the government they deserve." Confused Saddam was very bad but at least kept order--in his absence the people reverted to sectarian violence. It's quite sad to think populations therefore deserve dictatorships, but unless they grow out of silly fundamentalism that's what they need to prevent themselves from killing each other.

I agree with you. Saddam's Iraq was not the best but it maintained, my dad was a milltary solider in there, he fought in the Iraq-Iran wars in the 80's and then left when US invaded with coalition forces, the thing was that it was a 'bad' dictarorship but yes maybe it was but it's better in the past not right now, even ISIS has been defeated in Iraq and only remains in Syria now, it still is terrible. There are bombings and dividing ethnicity, not to mention the Kurds with their 'good' democracy and going to help everyone, when the Kurds get independence they would kill most Assyrian village and people.
Probably not until they separate religion and politics.
nothing will change because both sides see themselves as correct

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ever tried shit? 1337み 14 788 02-09-2019, 01:13 AM
Last Post: rf6686rf
  do you ever.. frost 2 190 01-31-2019, 01:25 PM
Last Post: TheCode
  Have you ever bought medicines from unregulated pharmacy? vkad 4 299 01-23-2019, 06:39 PM
Last Post: AINUCZ
  Have You Ever Been Caught Torrenting? TheOnlyAnonymous 163 18,135 10-24-2018, 02:09 PM
Last Post: BoringApe
  What's the best concert you've ever attended? callmecritical 21 2,047 10-18-2018, 02:36 PM
Last Post: aaggaa