Which OS is fastest for Apple MacBook Pro 15,4" A1398 Sierra High Sierra Mojave or Ca
by Tekonto - May 15, 2021 at 12:04 PM
Hey, as title states, which OS for you is fastest? Of course speaking about good old A1398 with all key features such as butterfly mech. keyboard, magnetic power connector and Retina. I wouldn't buy any newer hardware from Apple. The 2015 MB Pro was the last proper MB from Apple.

Comparing few operating systems:
  • Sierra
  • High Sierra
  • Mojave
  • Catalina

PS: Yes, I do have few more machines at home including Win & Linux. The MB is mainly used when I'm traveling around and I'm only using web & basic apps.
why mac bro just buy a good laptop and stop using mac,
windows is best now with linux support
(May 15, 2021 at 08:23 PM)nktagtr Wrote: why mac bro just buy a good laptop and stop using mac,

As I said, I'm using Win/Linux for any other purposes Wink Have you tried their touchpad? It's really good for web surfing etc..
(May 15, 2021 at 11:20 PM)Tekonto Wrote:
(May 15, 2021 at 08:23 PM)nktagtr Wrote: why mac bro just buy a good laptop and stop using mac,

As I said, I'm using Win/Linux for any other purposes Wink Have you tried their touchpad? It's really good for web surfing etc..
I bought 3 weeks ago an alienware m15 r3 it having windows and linux via vm installed, it have a better mechanical keyboard and the touchpad is 
the same like an MacBook (with glass)
I'm still wishing my mac never went beyond Snow Leopard, that os was nice.
(May 18, 2021 at 02:51 PM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote: I'm still wishing my mac never went beyond Snow Leopard, that os was nice.
Do you plan to upgrade ur MB to newest one?
(July 31, 2021 at 10:04 AM)Tekonto Wrote:
(May 18, 2021 at 02:51 PM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote: I'm still wishing my mac never went beyond Snow Leopard, that os was nice.

Yeah, i got a mac with Big Sur atm, lots of nice QoL updates, and dark modes should just be industry standard by now
(August 01, 2021 at 11:22 AM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote:

Yeah, i got a mac with Big Sur atm, lots of nice QoL updates, and dark modes should just be industry standard by now
Have you ever thought about doing hackintosh?
(August 01, 2021 at 10:34 PM)Tekonto Wrote:

Oh good god, I tried a Hackintosh on an old laptop YEARS ago, got it to boot, but it was just a nightmare to get all the hardware working.
(August 02, 2021 at 09:27 AM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote:

Oh good god, I tried a Hackintosh on an old laptop YEARS ago, got it to boot, but it was just a nightmare to get all the hardware working.

From what I understand you really need to find a compatible hardware to get it to work. This also means that you will have to get external Wi-Fi module if you have desktop.
(August 02, 2021 at 07:29 PM)Tekonto Wrote:
(July 31, 2021 at 10:04 AM)Tekonto Wrote: Do you plan to upgrade ur MB to newest one?

From what I understand you really need to find a compatible hardware to get it to work. This also means that you will have to get external Wi-Fi module if you have desktop.

Yeah, I think I downloaded a curated version for some particular chipset. My bad :p but this was around 10 years ago, so it's probably a better experience now
(August 04, 2021 at 09:15 AM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote:
(August 02, 2021 at 07:29 PM)Tekonto Wrote:
(August 01, 2021 at 11:22 AM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote: Yeah, i got a mac with Big Sur atm, lots of nice QoL updates, and dark modes should just be industry standard by now

Yeah, I think I downloaded a curated version for some particular chipset. My bad :p but this was around 10 years ago, so it's probably a better experience now

Yup, definitely you should give it a new try Wink

For the future upgrade I think M1 is the way to go with.
https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/11/...-mac-chips

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Which operating systems do you use and why? How important is FOSS and privacy? m0t0rbr34th 13 9,621 August 12, 2021 at 06:22 AM
Last Post: psychedelicalkemy
MacBook dual boot linux trevorgaming 6 2,038 February 25, 2019 at 04:20 AM
Last Post: jonnybanana84