Where to live, work, and retire?
by BlueHawa11 - January 16, 2020 at 09:45 PM
Wink 
Hey guys and gals, where do you want to live, work, and retire? I realize it's three different questions, but for some people there just one answer to all three... 2pac, for example, wanted to live and die in LA.

I have lived on 3 continents, and my list looks like this:

1) Life - EU (maybe Finland, I like their saunas)
2) Work - US hands down, maybe China coz there's a lot going on there
3) Retirement - an island in Mexico, surrounded by cocktails, bonitas, and the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico

Do you have one place for all three? Maybe it's Thailand or China? Or maybe... Iran, who knows? Share your thoughts Wink
anywhere with good crack
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: 15 Redistributing or uploading any Hidden Content to third party websites without the authorization of the Owner of said content will result in a permanent ban.
work and live in a country where the economy is good, US tbh.

and die in the city i was born in.
Live--US
Work--I don't want to.
Retire--US but have enough money to go anywhere for extended periods of time.
Where you feel comfortable , safe and happy
(January 17, 2020 at 09:07 AM)Umbrella Wrote: Where you feel comfortable , safe and happy

Completely agree with you my friend
(January 16, 2020 at 09:45 PM)BlueHawa11 Wrote: Hey guys and gals, where do you want to live, work, and retire? I realize it's three different questions, but for some people there just one answer to all three... 2pac, for example, wanted to live and die in LA.

3) Retirement - an island in Mexico, surrounded by cocktails, bonitas, and the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico

Do you have one place for all three? Maybe it's Thailand or China? Or maybe... Iran, who knows? Share your thoughts Wink

Life  - planet Earth
Work - planet Earth
Retirement - I hope different planet. but your description of Mexico is very nice and makes me to consider this option))) By the way, this is a good point to share gorgeous places for potential retirement. Do u know anything else? Smile
I want to live in New York,Work in Finland ,Retire in the Dominican Republic
(January 16, 2020 at 09:45 PM)BlueHawa11 Wrote: Hey guys and gals, where do you want to live, work, and retire? I realize it's three different questions, but for some people there just one answer to all three... 2pac, for example, wanted to live and die in LA.

1) Life - EU (maybe Finland, I like their saunas)  HELL YES
2) Work - US hands down, maybe China coz there's a lot going on there China is a good shout, growing market. (Still)
3) Retirement - an island in Mexico, surrounded by cocktails, bonitas, and the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. This too. Though a nice hamlet in the EU with vinyards etc seems like a good retirement place.

Very interesting.

1) Life - London
2) Work - Beijing
3) Retirement - South Portugal
(January 17, 2020 at 03:05 PM)Sunsingerlock Wrote:

2) Work - US hands down, maybe China coz there's a lot going on there China is a good shout, growing market. (Still)
3) Retirement - an island in Mexico, surrounded by cocktails, bonitas, and the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. This too. Though a nice hamlet in the EU with vinyards etc seems like a good retirement place.

Very interesting.

1) Life - London
2) Work - Beijing

I knew there would be someone who'd want to work in China!!! You must have experienced living in that countrySmile

What's so nice about South Portugal? I've always wanted to check out Portugal, but haven't done that yet... Heard they have good surfing!

(January 17, 2020 at 01:58 PM)tedyBear21 Wrote: I want to live in New York,Work in Finland ,Retire in the Dominican Republic

Work in Finland, i.e. 4 hours/day?Smile)) But seriously, I know that Nordic countries have strong work ethic AND good working conditions. Good choice!

(January 17, 2020 at 10:30 AM)go00y Wrote:

Life  - planet Earth
Work - planet Earth
Retirement - I hope different planet. but your description of Mexico is very nice and makes me to consider this option))) By the way, this is a good point to share gorgeous places for potential retirement. Do u know anything else? Smile

I really like Thailand. Cocktails, Thai bonitas, and the warm waters of Andaman sea...

Czech Republic is also nice, but I guess if you're not Czech you won't really be welcome there. Tell if I am wrongSmile
(January 17, 2020 at 03:58 PM)BlueHawa11 Wrote:
(January 17, 2020 at 03:05 PM)Sunsingerlock Wrote:

Very interesting.

1) Life - London
2) Work - Beijing

I knew there would be someone who'd want to work in China!!! You must have experienced living in that countrySmile

What's so nice about South Portugal? I've always wanted to check out Portugal, but haven't done that yet... Heard they have good surfing!

(January 17, 2020 at 01:58 PM)tedyBear21 Wrote: I want to live in New York,Work in Finland ,Retire in the Dominican Republic

Work in Finland, i.e. 4 hours/day?Smile)) But seriously, I know that Nordic countries have strong work ethic AND good working conditions. Good choice!

(January 17, 2020 at 10:30 AM)go00y Wrote:

Life  - planet Earth
Work - planet Earth

I really like Thailand. Cocktails, Thai bonitas, and the warm waters of Andaman sea...

Czech Republic is also nice, but I guess if you're not Czech you won't really be welcome there. Tell if I am wrongSmile

You're right, I'm definitely not Czech and don't consider EU as the last location) just want to find a quiet place with beach, sun, sea and internet Biggrin   Unfortunately I don't know such places.Thailand is full of tourists. Any other options?))
Good thread, I like the questions.

1) Nashville
2) California, several places could be good.
3) Somewhere quiet in Europe, like Finland or Norway.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How dose a Instagram checker work remove 1 186 December 07, 2019 at 01:46 AM
Last Post: EPP
How do you live longer? firework78 32 1,079 December 03, 2019 at 02:53 AM
Last Post: vibrantsnow181
Would You Work for the NSA? TheCode 24 770 November 22, 2019 at 03:22 PM
Last Post: HairyPineapple