Where to live, work, and retire?
by BlueHawa11 - January 16, 2020 at 09:45 PM
I spent a fair portion of my early 20's in China, saw the market climbing up, and back then it was very welcoming of Westerners. This was under the premiership of Hu Jintao though, and i think Xi Jingping is a bit nefarious, probably coz the US keeps pissing him off. In my own eyes, the quality of life felt like it didn't step too far out of the human rights violations bounds, i mean there were poor people, but i see just as many in my home country.

South Portugal is a popular holiday spot, particularly for Brits as it's so close to fly over to. They're either in the Algarve, or Benidorm. The south is really chilled out, but that's taking no agency on the north, I live in oPorto at the moment, studying and working some small jobs, & there's a dish here called Francesinha, which is northern Portugal dish, but it's appearing in the south, and & its literally my deciding point on staying or leaving here lol Its not bad here, but i fancy a change, but only if the south can replicate this dish down to a T.
(January 17, 2020 at 04:20 PM)go00y Wrote: You're right, I'm definitely not Czech and don't consider EU as the last location) just want to find a quiet place with beach, sun, sea and internet Biggrin   Unfortunately I don't know such places.Thailand is full of tourists. Any other options?))

Man, tough questionsSmile)) You got me thinking that I haven't been to too many non-touristy spots. You're right Thailand has a lot of tourists... But it's safe, inexpensive, and has plenty of good wi-fi. There is a reason why it attracts so many tourists.

I've heard good things about Morocco, but that part of Africa has been a little unpredictable recently... There's also Turkey and maybe some parts of Italy (but Italy is relatively expensive!). Oh, there's also Bulgaria and Croatia! I think those might workSmile
(January 17, 2020 at 04:40 PM)BlueHawa11 Wrote:
(January 17, 2020 at 04:20 PM)go00y Wrote: You're right, I'm definitely not Czech and don't consider EU as the last location) just want to find a quiet place with beach, sun, sea and internet Biggrin   Unfortunately I don't know such places.Thailand is full of tourists. Any other options?))

Man, tough questionsSmile)) You got me thinking that I haven't been to too many non-touristy spots. You're right Thailand has a lot of tourists... But it's safe, inexpensive, and has plenty of good wi-fi. There is a reason why it attracts so many tourists.

I've heard good things about Morocco, but that part of Africa has been a little unpredictable recently... There's also Turkey and maybe some parts of Italy (but Italy is relatively expensive!). Oh, there's also Bulgaria and Croatia! I think those might workSmile

I passed on Morocco recently just because I heard unfortunate stories from some friends who visited. It looks beautiful but just didn't feel like dealing with any potential shit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
What kind of weather do you like to work in mniusxs 57 1,801 September 08, 2020 at 12:48 PM
Last Post: HansHagge
LIVE FEEDS secretsquirell 19 764 September 01, 2020 at 04:17 PM
Last Post: secretsquirell
Not able to get SqlParserPlus to work! redXXX 10 360 September 01, 2020 at 03:31 PM
Last Post: sauneyMam