What's a good (beginners) tool for dehash?
by jayylovee99 - August 16, 2019 at 12:55 AM
Not sure if using proper terminology bu my goal is to practice "dehashing" things as-is, with salt, etc. Any good beginner tools I can learn off of that's reputible and not packed with crap
The term is "rainbowtables" hashing is one-way. what it does is checks to see if the text entered equals the hash provided. The website doesnt actually know the password unless its stored in plaintext in the database, what it does is pulls the hash from the db when you log in and checks to see if the hash matches if it does it logs you in, if not you get a wrong password error, as for "what tool" I recommend using a site called hashkiller.co.uk, but you're gonna have to learn hash types too and what they look like, as well as what salting is.
(August 16, 2019 at 12:55 AM)jayylovee99 Wrote: Not sure if using proper terminology bu my goal is to practice "dehashing" things as-is, with salt, etc. Any good beginner tools I can learn off of that's reputible and not packed with crap

You could start out with Hashcat :p
Like the people above me already said, hashcat is good to start, and rainbow tables is the fastest way to dehash things
Ignore the users above. Rainbow tables died years ago when salting became more common and GPUs became more powerful. Rainbow tables aren't useful in 2019.
Download hashcat and read its FAQ and man page.
Download hashcat and some wordlists. Even simple stuff works. Use EnglishName and 1-4 digits and make a wordlist than work it with rules and you are good to go
Hashcat and PasswordsPro.
Another person here recommending Hashcat, works pretty well.
John the ripper is another good open source password cracking tool. https://www.openwall.com/john/
(August 16, 2019 at 12:55 AM)jayylovee99 Wrote: Not sure if using proper terminology bu my goal is to practice "dehashing" things as-is, with salt, etc. Any good beginner tools I can learn off of that's reputible and not packed with crap

As other people already said, looking up tutorial and FAQ hashcat is the way to go in my opinion. It is one of the most widely used tools for cracking hashes today and you can learn how to use it fairly easy.
You can use Hashcat , i did use in in my old time
hashcat is very easy !!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
What's a good tool to do basic pw cracking? fruitpuncher 0 241 May 23, 2019 at 01:54 AM
Last Post: fruitpuncher
What's your favorite hash/dehash solution? joeydiaz9 7 681 December 01, 2018 at 09:29 PM
Last Post: SteveTheBeaver
Good windows tool for large text search smith984 37 4,686 July 08, 2018 at 08:54 PM
Last Post: Insomaniac