What do you actually do with the data you download here?
by AlexanderIII - September 15, 2021 at 06:50 PM
Hey RF,

I noticed that selling data was a big part of this forum. I was wondering what people do with the purchased or unlocked data?

Do you use it for analytics ? Pentesting ? Phishing ? Please let me know in the comments.
Collecting them is my hobby, my main job is to deliver pizza
(September 16, 2021 at 02:20 AM)0w0 Wrote: Collecting them is my hobby, my main job is to deliver pizza

And what do you do with your collection? How do you use it?
Depends what type of data. If it's a fresh dumped db, there are infinite ways to profit from it
(September 16, 2021 at 07:16 AM)thugger Wrote: Depends what type of data. If it's a fresh dumped db, there are infinite ways to profit from it

I’m not looking to profit from it. I have my own use of the database dumps I buy. Analytics mostly. I’m just curious to know what people do with it!
(September 16, 2021 at 09:00 AM)AlexanderIII Wrote:
(September 16, 2021 at 07:16 AM)thugger Wrote: Depends what type of data. If it's a fresh dumped db, there are infinite ways to profit from it

I’m not looking to profit from it. I have my own use of the database dumps I buy. Analytics mostly. I’m just curious to know what people do with it!

Interesting, what kind of analytics are you doing? I would just phish users or maybe extort them to make the maximum profit out of my purchase tbh
Cracking the passwords and checking for active mail / pass. I thought everyone was using it for cracking but interesting to see people are using it for analytics and phishing.
Collect 'em, crunch 'em, finding similarities between user data credentials, making predictions based on how often people create accounts around certain cultural phenomena like TV shows (Game of Thrones themed passwords etc)
(September 16, 2021 at 09:18 AM)thugger Wrote:

Interesting, what kind of analytics are you doing? I would just phish users or maybe extort them to make the maximum profit out of my purchase tbh

This is mostly statistics such as average password length, most common letters combinaison and so on! They may be irrelevant to most but my brains has question I must answer!

(September 16, 2021 at 10:32 AM)gintonic Wrote: Cracking the passwords and checking for active mail / pass. I thought everyone was using it for cracking but interesting to see people are using it for analytics and phishing.

Yeah well I’m just curious about how people manage to choose what password they’ll use for different services or websites. I can correlate results based on the emails I find in multiple breaches and see how they changed it. There are many interesting results. I should share them with the community one day but I’m not sure people would find it interesting enough.

(September 16, 2021 at 11:50 AM)Dredgen Sun Wrote: Collect 'em, crunch 'em, finding similarities between user data credentials, making predictions based on how often people create accounts around certain cultural phenomena like TV shows (Game of Thrones themed passwords etc)

Ah I see you’re a man of statistics as well. I never though about linking passwords based on cultural phenomena. This is a great idea, thank you!
(September 16, 2021 at 04:50 PM)AlexanderIII Wrote:

This is mostly statistics such as average password length, most common letters combinaison and so on! They may be irrelevant to most but my brains has question I must answer!

(September 16, 2021 at 10:32 AM)gintonic Wrote: Cracking the passwords and checking for active mail / pass. I thought everyone was using it for cracking but interesting to see people are using it for analytics and phishing.

Yeah well I’m just curious about how people manage to choose what password they’ll use for different services or websites. I can correlate results based on the emails I find in multiple breaches and see how they changed it. There are many interesting results. I should share them with the community one day but I’m not sure people would find it interesting enough.

(September 16, 2021 at 11:50 AM)Dredgen Sun Wrote: Collect 'em, crunch 'em, finding similarities between user data credentials, making predictions based on how often people create accounts around certain cultural phenomena like TV shows (Game of Thrones themed passwords etc)

Ah I see you’re a man of statistics as well. I never though about linking passwords based on cultural phenomena. This is a great idea, thank you!

It's funny really, you can usually find the latest common trends and focus on passwords/keywords based on that phenomena, like as I said, Game of Thrones was popular, so you'll see a rise in new accounts with character names etc. Also works retroactively, you get some accounts created in 2012? Find what was globally viral at that point and go from there. It's my aim to find some sort of kickstart to finding and cracking credentials by assuming a lexicon of words & phrases based on whats popular at the time Smile
(September 16, 2021 at 05:02 PM)Dredgen Sun Wrote:
(September 16, 2021 at 04:50 PM)AlexanderIII Wrote:

It's funny really, you can usually find the latest common trends and focus on passwords/keywords based on that phenomena, like as I said, Game of Thrones was popular, so you'll see a rise in new accounts with character names etc. Also works retroactively, you get some accounts created in 2012? Find what was  globally viral at that point and go from there. It's my aim to find some sort of kickstart to finding and cracking credentials by assuming a lexicon of words & phrases based on whats popular at the time Smile

I have to say that your idea is pretty awesome. I’m confident that you’ll find useful information.
Please let me know if you find some cool stuff or if you write any article / thread about it. I’d be very happy to read it.
i just collect them and crack the passwords and ok

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to actually use leaks? km8080 12 729 October 03, 2021 at 03:30 AM
Last Post: m-wire
its actually so ridiculous how people are allowed to have such simple passwords halt 25 1,213 January 29, 2021 at 01:07 AM
Last Post: L33THACKER105
Whats actually the safest BTC wallet? Nathaniel113 44 2,304 October 20, 2020 at 10:31 AM
Last Post: kavichtemp