What Desktop Environment do you use?
by CBT - October 28, 2020 at 03:09 AM
For Debian I like to run Gnome. I love KDE but it just doesn't feel the same on Deb as it does on Kali. But Kali, KDE all the way. Between those two I haven't had any desire to try anything else, yet.
i dont use the pc much, first of all but i would say mac
have been using i3 on my laptop for a while now, pretty comfy 2bh
(November 28, 2020 at 09:01 PM)drained Wrote: have been using i3 on my laptop for a while now, pretty comfy 2bh

https://prnt.sc/vrzr8d
debian under gnome i like
XFCE is best of the best for me !
I iike gnome3 it's very powerful but I've already used kde and mate.
Mate for siplistic and old school style
AwesomeWM. It's IMHO the best tiling WM out there. i3 is also good, but awesome config is in lua and very easy to customize/extend.

I also stayed a bit with bspwm, but TBH it's not as featureful as awesome and you had to really get into the nitty gritty details to fix some stuff.

So if you're looking for a tiling WM, look no more, as Awesome is the best. If you're not using a tiling WM, WTF are you waiting for? Are you still manually resizing your windows like a peasant? :p
good old default debian
I prefer KDE personally. Gnome always felt kinda sloppy to me and I cant explain it more than that.
The new version of XFCE is pretty nice

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Show your *nix desktop here! Ulquiorra 6 863 April 21, 2021 at 04:04 PM
Last Post: leechleb
How to Mirror & Control Your Android Phone from the Ubuntu Desktop samsep10l 9 1,218 March 31, 2021 at 08:51 PM
Last Post: dbraider
What Linux operating system do you use? Goerge12315 68 7,948 February 09, 2020 at 04:34 PM
Last Post: savos