Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Vegetarians vs Meat Eaters
To be honest, in terms of health and athletic performance vegan is the way to go and especially if you want to lower your carbon footprint mainly because on average it will take around 15500 litres of water to produce a single kilogram of beef[1] the source provided also gives data for cheese and other non-vegan foodstuffs, the vegan diet is utilised throughout professional sports and athletics mainly the high carb variant of the vegan diet, not entirely raw (No cooked food items) but with a large amount of fruit containing mainly sugar because this is stored as glycogen in the muscles.
(You can probably tell I didn't major in biology)

In terms of protein intake
There is a misunderstanding about the recommended amounts and minimum requirements of protein that is required for the human body to function without being in a deficit.
The body only generally requires around 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body mass [2], So for me weighing in at 65 kilograms I would need to intake around 52 grams of protein per day, now please keep in mind this is generally for healthy individuals.
In the united states, there is a majority of the population that are taking in exorbitant amount of protein per day that is miles above what is required for basic and even advanced metabolic functions, The average male consumes around 102 grams of protein per day [3] a point to consider is this One cup of milk (8 grams), a 3-ounce piece of meat (21 grams), 1 cup of dry beans (16 grams) and an 8-ounce container of yogurt (11 grams) provide 56 grams of protein, according to the CDC. That didn't take much.

But... but where do vegans get their protein
A major point that meat eaters will bring up is the reduced amounts of protein that vegans or the meat eaters are under the impression that you cannot get a substantial amount of protein from a vegan (or vegetarian) diet this, however, is false.

Vegan foods rich in protein [4]
  • Green peas
    "Foods in the legume family are good sources of vegetarian protein, and peas are no exception: One cup contains 7.9 grams—about the same as a cup of milk."

• Quinoa
    "Most grains contain a small amount of protein, but quinoa—technically a seed—is unique in that it contains more than 8 grams per cup"

• Nuts and nut butter (tree nut cheeses better known as vegan cheese falls in this category as well)
    "All nuts contain both healthy fats and protein, making them a valuable part of a plant-based diet. But because they are high in calories—almonds, cashews, and pistachios, for example, all contain 160 calories and 5 or 6 grams of protein per ounce"

There are many other vegan foods that supply a reasonable amount of protein I just couldn't be bothered to list them all if you go to the reference provided you will find a list of many vegan foods that provide healthy amounts of protein.

Response to b12 argument
To be honest, I haven't researched enough to argue this point using vegan foods alone, I personally supplement b12, which is an option for vegans worried about b12 deficiency.

Should I be vegan
When I went vegan it was mainly for performance reasons, I couldn't give a shit about animal ethics, boycotting animal products won't change the practices used in slaughter houses and other institutions that used animals as a revenue stream, I lost a considerable amount of weight and got a decent build to progress in my given sport (Cycling/triathlon) I never went into it looking for gains just to decrease my body fat % and get lean af.

If you want to attempt to progress the ethics of the meat industry and decrease your carbon footprint (and amounts of water used) then I would recommend a vegan diet but I do recognise that it's not for everyone and I hold no grudge to those that eat meat and use meat products, I think this is because of my fairly neutral stance on animal ethics, but whatever, you do you.
There's probably a number of problems with this... Thing just let me know and I will make those changes accordingly.

Thanks
[email protected]彡

Bibliography
Water used to produce burger |  http://www.cat.org.uk/education/pdf/how_...burger.pdf [1]
Protein required per day | http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/how-m...1506188096 [2]
Average protein consumption | http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jessica-jo...82372.html [3][Yes I know HuffPost, don't judge me]
Vegan foods rich in protein | http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,...79,00.html [4]
Vegan protein continued | http://greatist.com/health/complete-vegetarian-proteins
"""" | https://www.vegsoc.org/protein
Water used for beef production |  http://waterfootprint.org/en/resources/i...t-gallery/
(02-17-2016, 07:25 PM)DrCocktor Wrote:  Meat taste good.  Greens taste good.  Eat whatever the fuck you want.  Just don't pull the bullshit you don't eat meat because of animals.  Not eating meat because of that you are literally denying nature.

i fucking agree with you but some fucking dipshits go over the top
(02-17-2016, 07:59 PM)DeadCat2 Wrote:  
(02-17-2016, 07:56 PM)Sibez Wrote:  Eat meat if you want be a vegetarian or vegan if you want. Just don't tell everyone you are one or the  other. No need

vegan over here problem?

Absolutely not. I have vegan friends. It's not an issue whatsoever. It's just slightly annoying when vegans tell you that they are vegan every 3 minutes.
(02-18-2016, 01:24 AM)Sibez Wrote:  
(02-17-2016, 07:59 PM)DeadCat2 Wrote:  
(02-17-2016, 07:56 PM)Sibez Wrote:  Eat meat if you want be a vegetarian or vegan if you want. Just don't tell everyone you are one or the  other. No need

vegan over here problem?

Absolutely not. I have vegan friends. It's not an issue whatsoever. It's just slightly annoying when vegans tell you that they are vegan every 3 minutes.

I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm a faggot I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan I'm vegan
I eat both because I am an omnivore
Like @[GOD] DrCocktor said, eat what you like. No one cares.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you ever feel ashamed after you beat your meat? ISwearSheWas18 14 1,301 12-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Last Post: ramza75