TUTORIAL Where are the HTB Write Ups?
by Buttmuncher - December 23, 2020 at 06:26 PM
guys who post writeups here i wanted to thank you all from all of us who learning from it , as @RaidMeOntheFly said i joined rf to leant more because on the htb forum many people just suck... xD
it is in our hands how the forum will look like so let us just give our best to share writeups and learn together

PS
new year begins let us start it with many new writeups and hashes !
(January 02, 2021 at 02:32 PM)dannydennson Wrote: guys who post writeups here i wanted to thank you all from all of us who learning from it , as @RaidMeOntheFly said i joined rf to leant more because on the htb forum many people just suck... xD
it is in our hands how the forum will look like so let us just give our best to share writeups and learn together

PS
new year begins let us start it with many new writeups and hashes !

totally agree! great post
Hmmm...

I used to post a lot of flags (as Flovy) with self-made high-quality writeups. Unfortunately, It is just not worth it anymore...

I posted writeups to get points and spend them on writeups of machines I didn't have. BUT after a few hours (or sometimes minutes!) it would have gotten reposted by someone else for free just to get some +rep without giving me any credit. Some people even reposted them locked (like wtf?). I had to delete some of my posts because people would call me out on reposting writeups locked EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE MINE AND POSTED EARLIER! Additionally, some people would unlock my writeups and later try to resell it. The guy literally unlocked my writeups and 5mins later DMed me on DS asking if I would want to buy them. It made me lose all hope in HTB section of RF.

I do HTB for fun, but I don't submit flags anymore, because there is no point on thrashing HoF with not-so-legit accounts. Unfortunately, some people don't understand it (see recent RopeTwo situation). I've learned a lot and have finished all the HTB (except for vmcrack, and yes including RopeTwo and Unattended) and there is no point in me getting more points (i have way too many and I don't know what to spend them on). I will not release these writeups because people will instantly repost/resell them.

I guess it is what it is and I got bored of reporting posts.

I really hope admins will spit this section to HTB-only and Certs-only.

But for now, cya ;*
(January 02, 2021 at 04:07 PM)Katiee Wrote: Hmmm...

I used to post a lot of flags (as Flovy) with self-made high-quality writeups. Unfortunately, It is just not worth it anymore...

I posted writeups to get points and spend them on writeups of machines I didn't have. BUT after a few hours  (or sometimes minutes!) it would have gotten reposted by someone else for free just to get some +rep without giving me any credit. Some people even reposted them locked (like wtf?). I had to delete some of my posts because people would call me out on reposting writeups locked EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE MINE AND POSTED EARLIER! Additionally, some people would unlock my writeups and later try to resell it. The guy literally unlocked my writeups and 5mins later DMed me on DS asking if I would want to buy them. It made me lose all hope in HTB section of RF.

I do HTB for fun, but I don't submit flags anymore, because there is no point on thrashing HoF with not-so-legit accounts. Unfortunately, some people don't understand it (see recent RopeTwo situation). I've learned a lot and have finished all the HTB (except for vmcrack, and yes including RopeTwo and Unattended) and there is no point in me getting more points (i have way too many and I don't know what to spend them on). I will not release these writeups because people will instantly repost/resell them.

But for now, cya ;*

Very much agreed and I can understand your frustration
(January 02, 2021 at 04:07 PM)Katiee Wrote: Hmmm...

I posted writeups to get points and spend them on writeups of machines I didn't have. BUT after a few hours (or sometimes minutes!) it would have gotten reposted by someone else for free just to get some +rep without giving me any credit. Some people even reposted them locked (like wtf?). I had to delete some of my posts because people would call me out on reposting writeups locked EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE MINE AND POSTED EARLIER! Additionally, some people would unlock my writeups and later try to resell it. The guy literally unlocked my writeups and 5mins later DMed me on DS asking if I would want to buy them. It made me lose all hope in HTB section of RF.

totally get this. its frustrating watching this sort of thing unfold. its a massive shame because I learned so much from the write ups and way more than i'd have learned from just hammering away at boxes.

for me, there are stumbling blocks which a walkthrough would help me cross and learn, but without it, i am just stuck.

(January 02, 2021 at 04:07 PM)Katiee Wrote: I do HTB for fun, but I don't submit flags anymore, because there is no point on thrashing HoF with not-so-legit accounts. Unfortunately, some people don't understand it (see recent RopeTwo situation). I've learned a lot and have finished all the HTB (except for vmcrack, and yes including RopeTwo and Unattended) and there is no point in me getting more points (i have way too many and I don't know what to spend them on). I will not release these writeups because people will instantly repost/resell them.

But for now, cya ;*

same - again i agree but it is a shame and i hope things improve.
Thank you @Buttmuncher!

Agree with @Katiee, look you had your time and many points now, you dont need it anymore, but i think many of new guys should make the same experience and have the possibility to learn how you and me done it. Thank you too for all the writeups you posted , i think instead of stopping posting stuff we need to find a way to make is painless for us all and at the same time keep the fun and let hte new "gen." learn and enjoy hacking.

I really loved and love all HTB raids stuff , all the writeups and info , it inspieres me alot , so we cant let it die.

First step of solving a problem is realising it and we just done it
personally, i just got kinda bored cause i'm not feeling the recent challenges that much plus i'm feeling real lazy atm, but maybe sometime soon again lol
I agree with u guys ... HTB write-ups on here were awesome !

The whole reason behind me even finding this site ... was HTB walkthroughs for the more difficult boxes.

I also enjoyed helping people out, as I saw there comments and posts on here, I could assist here and there, and of course ... I need help most of the time anyways ;-)
@Allure_5 @Katiee @Buttmuncher

People will take, until you have no more.

If you guys see anything like this happening further, use the report button.
(January 06, 2021 at 02:56 AM)moot Wrote: @Allure_5 @Katiee @Buttmuncher

People will take, until you have no more.

If you guys see anything like this happening further, use the report button.

i think that we easily can bring that old writeup flavour back , thank you for your work!
Well, I like your way of thinking. From my point of view, the possibility of working with credits is the way we have to behave within this forum.
Additional we are able to rep+ nice posts and threads. But all the selling in here....all of them are kind and I don't wanna harm them. I bought some things by myself and got disappointed, 'cause I expected a bit more then I got.
All should work with the credits and not sell for dollars, even the oscp, oswe (and so on) stuff. Actually we all want to help. Do we need take financial advantage of this?

Great Thread @Buttmuncher

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
TUTORIAL Lovetok flag and write up noname88 1 581 February 22, 2021 at 06:17 PM
Last Post: aezakmi
SELLING Write up ScriptKiddie evil-winrm0779 4 782 February 13, 2021 at 06:10 PM
Last Post: bugbunny
BUYING Buying detailed Dante write up. anoymouswlwl 7 639 February 11, 2021 at 06:06 AM
Last Post: pratiksamant56