TUTORIAL Where are the HTB Write Ups?
by Buttmuncher - December 23, 2020 at 06:26 PM
Exclamation 
I get that this is just and internet rant and wont actually change anything but I want to rant.

In the last few months, this part of raid has gone from being a really good place to get flags, writeups etc on HTB.

Rite now it is almost entirely a sales platform for people offering all kinds of completely unrelated courseware, OSCP writeups etc. Its hard to see how this is any different to the other boards - except you don't get credits for posting here...

out of 30 threds on the front page rn, 8 are related to htb. Of the 8, 1 is a discussion, 1 is a link to buying prolabs flags.

have the dynamic flags really been that effectiev at stopping people sharing writeups and stuff? Is this part of the forum going to become simply a way for people to be a bit more open in the questions they ask than the htb fourums?
You got a good point actually, I found this site cus of database dumps and also HTB way late last year. Sooner or later since the dynamic flag implementation, most of them started to sell flags and everything else from there on trended to be selling for $$. The only seller that I knew for ages is probably Mr bom.

It could also just be the fact that no one really does HTB anymore here, cause yknow dynamic flags just mean you gotta solve it with or without the solutions and that kinda probably ticked people off :D
(December 23, 2020 at 06:26 PM)Buttmuncher Wrote: I get that this is just and internet rant and wont actually change anything but I want to rant.

In the last few months, this part of raid has gone from being a really good place to get flags, writeups etc on HTB.

Rite now it is almost entirely a sales platform for people offering all kinds of completely unrelated courseware, OSCP writeups etc. Its hard to see how this is any different to the other boards - except you don't get credits for posting here...

out of 30 threds on the front page rn, 8 are related to htb. Of the 8, 1 is a discussion, 1 is a link to buying prolabs flags.

have the dynamic flags really been that effectiev at stopping people sharing writeups and stuff? Is this part of the forum going to become simply a way for people to be a bit more open in the questions they ask than the htb fourums?

i hope it dont gonna get normal i really enjoyed this times literally just back in 2-3 month everyything was full of writeups
(December 23, 2020 at 11:27 PM)Allure_5 Wrote: It could also just be the fact that no one really does HTB anymore here, cause yknow dynamic flags just mean you gotta solve it with or without the solutions and that kinda probably ticked people off :D

i think i agree with this. lots of people who were interested in the easy flags were all ok with sharing, now they have to struggle its gone quiet...
but there are often ssh creds and stuff so its like the same and often you dont even need to solve stuff by yourself ..
(December 29, 2020 at 02:56 AM)dannydennson Wrote: but there are often ssh creds and stuff so its like the same and often you dont even need to solve stuff by yourself ..

Yeah - that does help and make things a bit easier. but even they are getting rare now. 

it feels like less than 20% of the posts are actually htb now - its just selling exam answers for pwk etc.
(December 29, 2020 at 12:27 PM)Buttmuncher Wrote:
(December 29, 2020 at 02:56 AM)dannydennson Wrote: but there are often ssh creds and stuff so its like the same and often you dont even need to solve stuff by yourself ..

Yeah - that does help and make things a bit easier. but even they are getting rare now. 

it feels like less than 20% of the posts are actually htb now - its just selling exam answers for pwk etc.

yeah i think we havbe to bring that hype back in , our work here have to live , raids have to take over haha
hey @Buttmuncher. I can feel you as a part of writeup contributor I am sorry for not posting any writeups. But there are still people who just share the SSH keys for it, which I consider is a total waste. No use in completing a machine if you dont understand the concept. I will be back online sonn anytime now and I will keep you guys posted. Its not that just I am the only one who posts writeup, r
there are people like bosch, iamtheshell, and some people. We will be back soon.
> 0
-
(December 30, 2020 at 04:16 AM)y0ukn0wm3 Wrote: hey  @Buttmuncher. I can feel you as a part of writeup  contributor I am sorry for not posting any writeups. But there are still people who just share the SSH keys for it, which I consider is a total waste. No use in completing a machine if you dont understand the concept. I will be back online sonn anytime now and I will keep you guys posted. Its not that just I am the only one who posts writeup, r
there are people like bosch, iamtheshell,  and some people. We will be back soon.
> 0
  -

that is great and i love your writeups.

but it shouldn't be only you!

My rant was more about the fact it seems the board just swamped with exam cheats and elearn/pentester academy leaks. it isn't a htb leaks forum any more.
Maybe this is not the place to say this, but i joined RF to learn more about HTB, cos in the official forum it's all about pm me an so on ...
rn i found quite a bit of info in this forum so nice work for the ones who make writeups ;)
Just to add - its getting worse.

right now out of the 30 posts on page one, 6 are related to htb and one is this thread. There are more Disney+ accounts for sale posts than write ups. There are two discussions (which are good) and one great post with flags and links to write ups.

there are three links to the same person selling pluralsight subscriptions.

The htb content is almost non-existent now. If no one cares enough to do anything, then cool - I will shut up. But it seems a shame.
Bumpo again - just to see what people think.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
TUTORIAL Lovetok flag and write up noname88 1 581 February 22, 2021 at 06:17 PM
Last Post: aezakmi
SELLING Write up ScriptKiddie evil-winrm0779 4 782 February 13, 2021 at 06:10 PM
Last Post: bugbunny
BUYING Buying detailed Dante write up. anoymouswlwl 7 639 February 11, 2021 at 06:06 AM
Last Post: pratiksamant56