TUTORIAL Pit - Discussion
by chilly - May 15, 2021 at 09:18 PM
Wink 
lets do it so far 1hr and no blood
well got rce, still trying to break out of www-data user
(May 16, 2021 at 11:40 AM)chilly Wrote: well got rce, still trying to break out of www-data user

any advice to get the rce back to us?
got user :D
now on to root

(May 16, 2021 at 11:50 AM)inferno7us Wrote:
(May 16, 2021 at 11:40 AM)chilly Wrote: well got rce, still trying to break out of www-data user

find another dns name, use the username and path to a cms u find from snmp use that user to log in. once logged in youll find an exploit for cmd execution
(May 16, 2021 at 12:34 PM)chilly Wrote: got user :D
now on to root

find another dns name, use the username and path to a cms u find from snmp use that user to log in. once logged in youll find an exploit for cmd execution

ya and for shell?
and rooted. snmp sucks.
now on to root

how to get password for that user
Free writeup at boot2root.com
now on to root

So i have the digital media server dns (http://dms-pit.htb/) and i got the username "michelle" with snmp (snmpwalk -v2c walk -v2c -c public machineip nsExtendObjects)
But how would i log in, i dont find any path to a cms in snmpwalk. Could you write a detailed explanation of how you came to the login page or how you just did
Yeah I'm not understanding how people are finding a path to a CMS from snmpwalk. I've looked at the output of that for a while now and don't see anything useful but maybe I'm blind?
(May 16, 2021 at 05:52 PM)0xyikers Wrote: Yeah I'm not understanding how people are finding a path to a CMS from snmpwalk. I've looked at the output of that for a while now and don't see anything useful but maybe I'm blind?

when you access dns-pit.htb it says 403 forbidden, that means there must some other directory which we can find and access. So, when you run snmpwalk you'd get a bunch for Information. From that information you will find the path of dms, that is /var/www/html/seeddms51x/seeddms". So, you can access the dms, by appending the directory to dms-pit.htb. 

dms-pi.htb/seeddms51x/seeddms. 

From the same SNMP dump data you will also find a username called michelle. You use it as username and password to access the seeddms dashboard.
(May 16, 2021 at 06:21 PM)rasengan Wrote:
(May 16, 2021 at 05:52 PM)0xyikers Wrote: Yeah I'm not understanding how people are finding a path to a CMS from snmpwalk. I've looked at the output of that for a while now and don't see anything useful but maybe I'm blind?

when you access dns-pit.htb it says 403 forbidden, that means there must some other directory which we can find and access. So, when you run snmpwalk you'd get a bunch for Information. From that information you will find the path of dms, that is /var/www/html/seeddms51x/seeddms". So, you can access the dms, by appending the directory to dms-pit.htb. 

dms-pi.htb/seeddms51x/seeddms. 

From the same SNMP dump data you will also find a username called michelle. You use it as username and password to access the seeddms dashboard.

From regular snmpwalk and the nsextend, I don't see any references to seeddms, is there a module you use with SNMP to get to that? I appreciate the reply, still trying to figure out where in snmpwalk you're seeing seeddms path info.

much love

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
TUTORIAL HTB Fingerprint [Discussion] TDis7 22 1,422 12 minutes ago
Last Post: harry123
TUTORIAL HTB Anubis Discussion dadamnmayne 167 55,729 49 minutes ago
Last Post: xvelasco
TUTORIAL HTB Stacked [Discussion] pheonix2021 92 29,872 December 04, 2021 at 06:12 PM
Last Post: HDplus