TUTORIAL HTB - You have been banned by HTB-Bot
by HDplus - March 12, 2021 at 05:03 PM
Dear all, just to inform you... 

I made bad experience this days and want to inform / discuss about. 
Got some flags and putted in @HTB-Portal.  Some days later tried to login and got "You have been banned by HTB-Bot"

First I thougt its maybe a "Challenge" but I think it's not!

You have been  Banned
Banned By: HTB-Bot
Banned Until: 00/00/21 00:00:00 UTC
Reason: Suspicious behaviour - contact [email protected]

SO LESSION LEARNED: Never just take some Flags and enter it at HTB-Portal.

Anyway, the practice for selling just flags is bad for HTB community and at the end of the day also bad for you and me, because learned nothing from it...

Greetings && Happy Hacking!!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No you just spammed alot of HTB flags at the same time continuously. Also if it needs to be stated if any of the challenges requires you to spawn a machine, you should spawn it and leave it running for atleast 30 mins before you add the flags.

The system flags you for adding flags conditionally based on what challenges are there. About what you said, that is also true, HTB is a learning platform and if you are gonna be adding flags for the sake of rank then youre doing it at the wrong place. You should unlock writeups at worse and try solving it yourself

Sorry to hear about ur ban
So did you try to recover your account back ?
(March 12, 2021 at 05:41 PM)Allure_5 Wrote: No you just spammed alot of HTB flags at the same time continuously. Also if it needs to be stated if any of the challenges requires you to spawn a machine, you should spawn it and leave it running for atleast 30 mins before you add the flags.

The system flags you for adding flags conditionally based on what challenges are there. About what you said, that is also true, HTB is a learning platform and if you are gonna be adding flags for the sake of rank then youre doing it at the wrong place. You should unlock writeups at worse and try solving it yourself

Sorry to hear about ur ban

Thats life! It's an experience. The ban will ans ans then I can access again. Thanks forr reply.

(March 12, 2021 at 05:41 PM)Rootlk Wrote: So did you try to recover your account back ?

Unfortunately I have to wait till the ban expires. :(
that's why I'm a big fan of posting writeups and manuals, not only flags here ...
(March 13, 2021 at 09:00 AM)orangutang Wrote: that's why I'm a big fan of posting writeups and manuals, not only flags here ...

You're right bro! In general me too. I did it once and neverer again! This thread I opened just to share that experience and to prevent others.
same i also did it once i got banned for one month exactly
(March 13, 2021 at 05:32 PM)masti Wrote: same i also did it once i got banned for one month exactly

Did you try to talk to them then? I asked why exactly, but no answer... They gave me a 6 weeks ban (till end of april). :-(
thank you very helpful.
(March 14, 2021 at 12:06 AM)mceye Wrote: thank you very helpful.

You're welcome. I did this posting to help to prevent others from being banned.

PS: Sharing is caring :)
Sorry to hear that. Are you able to create a new account?
(March 15, 2021 at 12:00 PM)testbuild Wrote: Sorry to hear that. Are you able to create a new account?

Hehe, I thought about creating a new account but better to wait till the bann is over.
BTW vpn is still working, so i can do things - I just cannot enter flags etc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
TRADING HTB Flag Trading - Have Forest | Mango | Postman | Traverxec | Obscurity | and more Sarabi 1 591 March 17, 2020 at 10:51 AM
Last Post: xxChimxx