Switzerland Bans Face Coverings
by vinto24 - March 08, 2021 at 12:22 PM
What do you guys think about this?

It seems a bit convoluted to be passing this, especially with corona! But anyone who thinks wearing a niqab or burqa results in extremism is seriously stupid. I'm not Muslim but when you see it in relation to Human Rights and the fact that you're being told what you can and can't wear by a government is just crazy. 

Quote:(CNN)Swiss voters have approved a ban on full facial coverings including niqab and burqa in nearly all public places in a closely contested referendum on Sunday.

The result means facial covering will be banned in all publicly accessible places, including on the streets, in public offices, on public transport, in restaurants, shops and in the countryside.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/07/europ...index.html
what are the arguments for this? is there anything besides "we dont like muslims"?
(March 08, 2021 at 08:01 PM)Peter_Pettigrew Wrote: what are the arguments for this? is there anything besides "we dont like muslims"?

Dehumanises Women, don't know what they are hiding, security risks etc.
(March 08, 2021 at 12:22 PM)vinto24 Wrote: What do you guys think about this?

It seems a bit convoluted to be passing this, especially with corona! But anyone who thinks wearing a niqab or burqa results in extremism is seriously stupid. I'm not Muslim but when you see it in relation to Human Rights and the fact that you're being told what you can and can't wear by a government is just crazy. 

Quote:(CNN)Swiss voters have approved a ban on full facial coverings including niqab and burqa in nearly all public places in a closely contested referendum on Sunday.

The result means facial covering will be banned in all publicly accessible places, including on the streets, in public offices, on public transport, in restaurants, shops and in the countryside.

So what about wearing masks as PPE?
(March 10, 2021 at 05:03 PM)Sunsingerlock Wrote:

i think they said face coverings are ok "for health reasons"
(March 10, 2021 at 05:18 PM)Peter_Pettigrew Wrote:
(March 10, 2021 at 05:03 PM)Sunsingerlock Wrote:

i think they said face coverings are ok "for health reasons"

I just find the whole 'big gov is telling you what to wear, even though we allowed freedom of expression and to practise religion' is a bit rich. Like, do people not understand that power works in a way where once minorities are absolutely under the boot, it'll come for all of us eventually.

1984 : Imagine a boot constantly stamping on your head.

Big fash needs to keep it itself relevant, as it's not a norm that just abides by the laws of everything, you need to constantly be pushing on it for it to stay in effect. This is why got so much institutional prejudice, to keep that power on top of everything.
What's the over/under line for when a truck of peace rolls through Zurich? I'm going to say, 45days.

[Image: 1458258862079.jpg]

[Image: VIRUS-MASK-17.jpg]
(March 11, 2021 at 05:08 AM)EPP Wrote: What's the over/under line for when a truck of peace rolls through Zurich? I'm going to say, 45days.

[Image: 1458258862079.jpg]

[Image: VIRUS-MASK-17.jpg]

I'm sure masks fuck up face detection algorithms right?
Not the first and won't be the last country to ban it.

Also comparing anything to current facemasks, virus related, is really fucking dumb - I mean Really
(March 11, 2021 at 05:32 PM)troubled Wrote: Not the first and won't be the last country to ban it.

Also comparing anything to current facemasks, virus related, is really fucking dumb - I mean Really

Haha, troubled is getting my vibes here :D
Full face coverings should be banned in a civilized, democratic country. It's a massive security risk and yes, it fucks up face detection algorithms which is a serious thing if you wanna prevent an attack.
its a complicated debate, isn't it.
From the one hand, the Western countries are trying to promote values of freedom. Doesn't that mean people can wear what they want? On the other hand, Muslim body cover is considered an oppressive sign of control the man has over his wife+its looks like we are in the 7th century for crying out loud! + its stinks in public. this is contrast which reminds me of freedom of speech. you can't ban speech but you need to ban hate speech.