Sup
by Cr3aTor - November 18, 2019 at 04:07 PM
Hello everybody, I have finally decided to join after wanting for over a year now. I'm passionate about programming, electronics and hacking, so I will try to spread knowledge around and also learn along the way.  I might contribute with tools and leaks as well (however, that depends on my free time). I'm glad to finally be part of this community.
See ya around ! Biggrin 

(btw, really cool new website design )
Welcome to the forums, what's your favorite language to program in?
(November 18, 2019 at 07:58 PM)Zeroxx Wrote: Welcome to the forums, what's your favorite language to program in?
Well it really depends on what I'm trying to achieve, but in general I'm pretty fluent in python, C/C++, bash and asm (when needed)
(November 18, 2019 at 08:56 PM)Cr3aTor Wrote:
(November 18, 2019 at 07:58 PM)Zeroxx Wrote: Welcome to the forums, what's your favorite language to program in?
Well it really depends on what I'm trying to achieve, but in general I'm pretty fluent in python, C/C++, bash and asm (when needed)

I've been using Python for a while now, haven't done anything with it yet. I've also tried learning ASM, but it's a very slow process.
(November 18, 2019 at 08:59 PM)Zeroxx Wrote: I've also tried learning ASM, but it's a very slow process.
Yeah, it's kinda tedious, but at the end of the day is worth the effort
(November 18, 2019 at 09:13 PM)Cr3aTor Wrote:
(November 18, 2019 at 08:59 PM)Zeroxx Wrote: I've also tried learning ASM, but it's a very slow process.

That's for sure, what are you using to learn it? I'm using a book I bought a few months back for learning ASM.
(November 18, 2019 at 09:22 PM)Zeroxx Wrote:
(November 18, 2019 at 09:13 PM)Cr3aTor Wrote:

That's for sure, what are you using to learn it? I'm using a book I bought a few months back for learning ASM.
Well, I've been reading "The Shellcoder's Handbook", but mostly I learn by playing around with binaries (for instance I think of a simple payload I might want to run and implement it in ASM) and read things around the internet about binary exploitation, RE. I really want to get into microcontrollers, but for now I don't have the necessary time unfortunately.
And if you don't mind sharing, what's the book you're currently reading?
It's called "Assembly Language Step by Step: Programming with Linux" when I got it I wasn't searching explicitly for an ASM book for pentesting/cybersecurity. Perhaps I should have gone that route before I had bought it.
Welcome Cr3aTor, glad to see a new enthusiast member like you, we hope you have a great time with us, good luck.
Hey welcome to the forum