Social phobia
by tbag - May 01, 2021 at 06:53 PM
I've used a lot of antidepressants, their effects end in a very short time, is there anything you can suggest guys, for social phobia, I have to overcome this damn disease, I need to get back to my core.
I think this is synonmyous with social anxiety... peer support group or just do things uncomfortable for a repetition of time until it becomes easy, similar to how you would train your muscles at a gym.
Stay away from social media,, that shit will make you so muc h wors if you have anxiety,,
I always have had , and to some extent still do have social phobias in a way. I took medications for years but eventually realized I just needed to adjust my mindset.

I was good at playing a role for a period of time.
At the store, play a friendly guy.
Streaming, play someone social.
Calls at work, play someone sympathetic.
When no one is looking. Going back to being the prince of darkness that doesn't have to deal with anyone and that no one will ever understand.

I know that last part sounded like sarcasm but that's pretty close to how I feel on my own.
In many psychological disorders, PSYCHOTHERAPY can be as important as medication, sometimes even more so.
therapy was helpful for me with all kinds of anxiety. when it's really bad i'll take some xanax but therapy was most helpful
(May 02, 2021 at 12:30 AM)Rithvik Wrote: I think this is synonmyous with social anxiety... peer support group or just do things uncomfortable for a repetition of time until it becomes easy, similar to how you would train your muscles at a gym.

The Brain is a muscle, so I guess you can develop 'muscle memory' to an extent.
group therapy seems like it would be helpful, especially if you have depression in addition to your anxiety.
if you get panic attacks, apart from taking xanax or similar, you could look into getting a doctor to prescribe you medication that keeps your heart rate steady.

an example of this would be propranolol, it's very safe to use and used on newborns. it wont make your anxiety go away, but at the very least it won't feel like you're having a heart attack.
(May 01, 2021 at 06:53 PM)tbag Wrote: I've used a lot of antidepressants, their effects end in a very short time, is there anything you can suggest guys, for social phobia, I have to overcome this damn disease, I need to get back to my core.

Yeah, avoid people. Who needs the cunts? If you do, then let's go back to when this started, because it sounds like, it wasn't always the case. Were you embarrassed/humiliated in some situation? It's rhetorical as you don't need to say anything in public. If you were, realize that, that was then. A one off and that, IT WASN'T THE END OF THE WORLD. These things happen. Take SunJew for instance, he pisses his pants in public all the time :D

If it's strangers, recognize the dynamic. It's probably some service/transaction. It's not personal. You don't even have to see anyone again. If it's chicks, it's a numbers game. Both can be beaten/won (whatever nonmenclature you wish to use) by increased interactions. SunJew is afraid of heights, I take his ass up in the Big Ben (might be destroyed next week, screenshot this) and show him, NO BIG DEAL. Almost nothing in your day to day life means anything. Most of it, is over quickly. No one wants you to be uncomfortable. You might be thinking all these different things but the other person, isn't thinking of any of them. Point is, it's irrational. Work on controlling your thoughts. Realize the dynamic at work and reeeeeeelax. Deep breaths. No need to get all hot and bothered. If it's a girl... try telling her. I might do that just as a line. You got me whatever. She giggles and that's the ice breaker.

(May 04, 2021 at 12:28 PM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote:
(May 02, 2021 at 12:30 AM)Rithvik Wrote: I think this is synonmyous with social anxiety... peer support group or just do things uncomfortable for a repetition of time until it becomes easy, similar to how you would train your muscles at a gym.

SunJew just making excuses for having arms like a woman :D :D :D
(May 07, 2021 at 03:36 AM)EPP Wrote:
(May 01, 2021 at 06:53 PM)tbag Wrote: I've used a lot of antidepressants, their effects end in a very short time, is there anything you can suggest guys, for social phobia, I have to overcome this damn disease, I need to get back to my core.

Yeah, avoid people. Who needs the cunts? If you do, then let's go back to when this started, because it sounds like, it wasn't always the case. Were you embarrassed/humiliated in some situation? It's rhetorical as you don't need to say anything in public. If you were, realize that, that was then. A one off and that, IT WASN'T THE END OF THE WORLD. These things happen. Take SunJew for instance, he pisses his pants in public all the time :D

If it's strangers, recognize the dynamic. It's probably some service/transaction. It's not personal. You don't even have to see anyone again. If it's chicks, it's a numbers game. Both can be beaten/won (whatever nonmenclature you wish to use) by increased interactions. SunJew is afraid of heights, I take his ass up in the Big Ben (might be destroyed next week, screenshot this) and show him, NO BIG DEAL. Almost nothing in your day to day life means anything. Most of it, is over quickly. No one wants you to be uncomfortable. You might be thinking all these different things but the other person, isn't thinking of any of them. Point is, it's irrational. Work on controlling your thoughts. Realize the dynamic at work and reeeeeeelax. Deep breaths. No need to get all hot and bothered. If it's a girl... try telling her. I might do that just as a line. You got me whatever. She giggles and that's the ice breaker.

(May 04, 2021 at 12:28 PM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote:

SunJew just making excuses for having arms like a woman :D :D :D

Hey, if I sit on my hand till it's numb, least it feels AND looks like a womans jackin' me off
Try to find a support group, or a psychiatrist.
[quote =“ tbag” pid ='3795017'dateline ='1619891607']
我已经使用了许多抗抑郁药,它们的作用会在很短的时间内结束,有什么可以建议的,对于社交恐惧症,我必须克服这种该死的疾病,我需要回到我的核心。
[/引用]
作为一个中国人,我了解的唯一原因是您的生活轻松而舒适,却缺乏金钱。把自己放在钱眼儿,当你有兴趣是不可能的,你会忘记自己有社交恐惧症。金钱可以让我这样的社交恐惧症患者成为社交天才。如果您喜欢我爱钱,那您就会。