Seroquel
by Hoemeo - November 22, 2021 at 08:58 AM
Is anyone else prescribed this drug? I just got prescribed 200mg a day and was wondering if anyone had a good/bad expierience on it?
Meh I was on it for 5+ years. It's aight if you're actually struggling with mood regulation/sleep. I went from 750mg a night to 50mg. Shit gave me restless leg syndrome unless I took codiene with it. You're gonna wanna sleep like mad on them.

I will warn you if you decide to go forward with the medication don't come on and off of them willy nilly. Once you've been on them a solid 3 months the withdrawals are a total bitch. I had to take a week off work.
(November 22, 2021 at 10:36 AM)TrustNo1x420 Wrote: Meh I was on it for 5+ years. It's aight if you're actually struggling with mood regulation/sleep. I went from 750mg a night to 50mg. Shit gave me restless leg syndrome unless I took codiene with it. You're gonna wanna sleep like mad on them.

I will warn you if you decide to go forward with the medication don't come on and off of them willy nilly. Once you've been on them a solid 3 months the withdrawals are a total bitch. I had to take a week off work.
thanks for the response. Yeah ill take your advice and will not stop taking them until the doc says so. And yeah im taking it for mood swings good to know its good for that
(November 22, 2021 at 11:15 AM)Drugz Wrote:
(November 22, 2021 at 10:36 AM)TrustNo1x420 Wrote: Meh I was on it for 5+ years. It's aight if you're actually struggling with mood regulation/sleep. I went from 750mg a night to 50mg. Shit gave me restless leg syndrome unless I took codiene with it. You're gonna wanna sleep like mad on them.

thanks for the response. Yeah ill take your advice and will not stop taking them until the doc says so. And yeah im taking it for mood swings good to know its good for that

They defo did their job for me, I'm glad to say I don't feel like I need them anymore. Got me through some pretty shit days! It's not a magic pill to fix everything but it certainly helps dealing with the bullshit life likes to throw at ya xD

Edit; Shout me if you need to ask any Qs on side effects etc when you're a few months in. Obvs non biased like a Doctor.
(November 22, 2021 at 10:30 PM)TrustNo1x420 Wrote:
(November 22, 2021 at 11:15 AM)Drugz Wrote:

They defo did their job for me, I'm glad to say I don't feel like I need them anymore. Got me through some pretty shit days! It's not a magic pill to fix everything but it certainly helps dealing with the bullshit life likes to throw at ya xD

Edit; Shout me if you need to ask any Qs on side effects etc when you're a few months in. Obvs non biased like a Doctor.
appriciate it man. Ill def keep you updated through my experiance with them
(November 22, 2021 at 08:58 AM)Hoemeo Wrote: Is anyone else prescribed this drug? I just got prescribed 200mg a day and was wondering if anyone had a good/bad expierience on it?

Sweet dreams!. Although for insomnia it's prescribed in much lower doses, between 25 and 50mg before bedtime.
Take the advice given by TrustNo1x420 and don't modify the dosage or take it on your own.

This is 1 of the downsides of chemical dependency, sad state of affairs; kinda makes me think is the hassle of coming off them worth the fleeting moment you're fine ON them?
(November 26, 2021 at 02:46 PM)Dredgen Sun Wrote:

This is 1 of the downsides of chemical dependency, sad state of affairs; kinda makes me think is the hassle of coming off them worth the fleeting moment you're fine ON them?

Neither Quetiapine (nor antidepressants or neuroleptics) create withdrawal symptoms like BZD or opioids, but they should always be withdrawn progressively.  Another thing is that when they are withdrawn, the symptoms for which they were prescribed return because the pathology is still there.
Whoever says that certain diseases (anxiety (GAD), resistant depression, etc, etc...) can be alleviated only with psychotherapy or with certain lifestyle habits is lying to himself and to others, much less with the current pace of life.

It takes all sorts...but no doctor (neither psychiatrist, nor traumatologist, nor digestologist, none) prescribes or should prescribe drugs as if they were jelly beans: "Primum non nocere".
- im taking it for mood swings

Check your diet and get some exercise. That's the best thing for that.