Seriously considering the 1080ti but should I just spend a little extra on the 2080?
by bitsandbytes - 12-19-2018, 10:26 AM
I mean, its getting nothing but poor reviews at the moment but surley future updates will sort everything out right?
For now I'm on 1080, but for the other 2080 are still too expensive (at least for me) ...
I personally have mounted several 1080 on different PCs and did not have poor performance if well configured, I read that the 1080ti have disappointed several ...
However lately many have switched to ati (especially for mining cryptomonete, or to do bruteforce with hashcat) and say that the latest versions have higher performance capabilities of Nvidia ..
(12-25-2018, 08:56 PM)jonnybanana84 Wrote: For now I'm on 1080, but for the other 2080 are still too expensive (at least for me) ...
I personally have mounted several 1080 on different PCs and did not have poor performance if well configured, I read that the 1080ti have disappointed several ...
However lately many have switched to ati (especially for mining cryptomonete, or to do bruteforce with hashcat) and say that the latest versions have higher performance capabilities of Nvidia ..

I might even just end up getting a 1070 or something. I dont really game as much anymore and id rather invest in my storage
(01-21-2019, 12:08 PM)bitsandbytes Wrote:
(12-25-2018, 08:56 PM)jonnybanana84 Wrote: For now I'm on 1080, but for the other 2080 are still too expensive (at least for me) ...

I might even just end up getting a 1070 or something. I dont really game as much anymore and id rather invest in my storage

investing in memory is always a good idea
I would just get a 1080, unless a couple hundred dollars for marginal improvement matters.. or ray tracing... which isnt worth it unless you run 4k.. and the 2080 non ti can barely do that.
A 1080ti is a great card. It really depends on what you need. What resolution do you play at, do you want maxed settings, what is your current card, etc.

I went with a 1070 ti and it has worked well for me. I'm in a similar situation where I don't game as much as I used to but I still wanted a decent card for when I do play. It didn't break the bank but still has pretty good performance.
Unless you run 4k and plan on getting a second to run Ray Tracing.. i'd say its not worth it. Definitely not if you're not running 4k
If you want to be early adopter for ray tracing sure.But i think that maybe the next gen rtx will be better.
i would go for the 1080ti
Honestly would just get the 1080 and wait for the next card as I've seen some things about 2080's dying and such
Stay with the 1080. It runs almost every game high FPS @ high settings. Unless you want to go 4k+ and play 100+ FPS @ high settings, I wouldn't spend the extra money.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
What Should I Charge for My Laptop? ThatOneGuyThere 6 1,332 02-07-2018, 11:49 AM
Last Post: 666