Serious Question
by Sku11 - April 13, 2021 at 06:48 PM
Why is all anime manga stuff about vampires, robots, school girls and swords?? IS there like a "Being John Malkovich "   or maybe like "Oceans 13" type anime or magna??"
Now that you mention it, I can't think of one off the top of my head that doesn't fall into one of these categories.

Maybe like, Lupin III
I think that's mostly people who search that out.

Ghost in the shell, Jigoku Shoujo, Psychopass, attack on titan? I don't watch much animaaay anymore but it really isn't that difficult to not find the sexual high school type animes.
Re:zero and AOT both don't fall in those categories.

Also Stein's Gate, FMA brotherhood.

Sit. LOL
You have some cool anime that are outside those categories. I love Cowboy Bebop, also 91 Days is a cool one about the prohibition era and mafia wars, Black Lagoon is also nice.

If you want something "different" you may want to check out Death Parade (I know, kinda edgy name, but it's pretty neat. Check out the trailer for the general vibe).
You never seen Ghost in the Shell have you?
Akira and Lupin III are examples. I don't know a whole lot of anime yet but its probably out there some where.
My childhood fav, Initial D, does have some high school girls in it, but a lot more of it is just about cars and racing.
There are others too, not Oceans 11 style but more gritty or dark subjects...or family friendly. Anime is a wide genre.
There's a plethora of anime out there, just search by the category you want on myanimelist.
I understand what you mean though, we're flooded with low quality isekai/ecchi ripoffs that span 12 episodes and never get heard of again.
And let's not forget most people's association of anime = hentai, so there is that lil barrier to overcome
Back in the day there was some anime that seemed interesting, now it just seems so cringey with all the anime girl pervs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Serious Praise McChicken 0 635 April 23, 2019 at 01:02 AM
Last Post: McChicken
Question... HazedDream 8 1,276 July 26, 2018 at 08:57 AM
Last Post: zmfor1212
Question NoDoxBud 0 1,117 December 13, 2017 at 03:29 AM
Last Post: NoDoxBud