IMPORTANT-READ HTB is looking to rid the site of flag sharers
by moot - February 29, 2020 at 03:07 AM
[Image: nDBQVh5.jpg]

Do you think they’ll succeed?
What is the point of sharing flags anyway? Takes the fun out of it.
They can't stop it and nor should they. People learn differently. Some people need flags so they can view the writeups to help them get through. If they are worried about so called cheaters then it is their points and level system that needs to be abolished. Information should be free and Hack The Box should get their heads out of their asses and help teach people any way possible.
(March 01, 2020 at 11:57 PM)GuestAccount Wrote: They can't stop it and nor should they. People learn differently. Some people need flags so they can view the writeups to help them get through. If they are worried about so called cheaters then it is their points and level system that needs to be abolished. Information should be free and Hack The Box should get their heads out of their asses and help teach people any way possible.

i agree, recently the whole point system has been completely fucked
(March 01, 2020 at 11:57 PM)GuestAccount Wrote: They can't stop it and nor should they. People learn differently. Some people need flags so they can view the writeups to help them get through. If they are worried about so called cheaters then it is their points and level system that needs to be abolished. Information should be free and Hack The Box should get their heads out of their asses and help teach people any way possible.

Totally agree. People are taking the points and ranking a bit too seriously. Some people are good enough to get first blood. Some need a bit longer. Some need the hints in the forums. Some need to ask specific questions via DM. Some need to follow writeups. Some just want to submit flags.

The points / ranking system is just a farce. If it went entirely, HTB wouldn't be a worse place.
I more so entirely focus my hacking on VulnHub. Can't deal with the staff at HTB. Just ignorant imo.
Just been having a discussion about this and I've heard some people say companies have hiring criteria based on the rank you hold on HTB.

This is insane. But it also kind of explains why the ranking thing is so messed up.
(February 29, 2020 at 03:10 AM)xam Wrote: What is the point of sharing flags anyway? Takes the fun out of it.

Agreed. Peeps who are dedicated and who want to learn, will look for a solution themselves. You'll learn nothing by taking the solution from someone else. Writeups are good to learn though, but always try to solve the challenge yourself at first. It takes time.
(March 02, 2020 at 10:46 AM)injector420 Wrote: Agreed. Peeps who are dedicated and who want to learn, will look for a solution themselves. You'll learn nothing by taking the solution from someone else. Writeups are good to learn though, but always try to solve the challenge yourself at first. It takes time.

Yeah, agree - but the point is without flags people cant read the writeups. Everyone learns differently, IMO getting the flag and reading a write up is no different to asking people a million quesitons via the forum.
well everybody learns differently and not the whole world lives in USA or UK or has ton of money to buy their VIP . So I don't thing so sharing a flag is a crime . Every person goal is to learn
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: Mass Spamming
(February 29, 2020 at 03:10 AM)xam Wrote: What is the point of sharing flags anyway? Takes the fun out of it.

i guess to get badges and the ranking status , beside that nothing?

and maybe creating a team..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
SELLING persistenceIsFutile Forensics HTB challenge Flag Available xander2000 0 95 8 hours ago
Last Post: xander2000
SELLING HTB -- Challenge Toxic Flag GunniBusch 1 388 May 17, 2021 at 12:14 PM
Last Post: ssoloo
FLAG HTB [END GAME] RPG FLAG pheonix2021 0 258 May 14, 2021 at 01:47 AM
Last Post: pheonix2021