Rest In Peace Kentaro Miura
by Aviator - May 27, 2021 at 12:05 PM
Hi guys, I think most of you already know that one of the most amazing manga artists sadly past away on may 6th. Miura was the creator of berserk, one of the best pieces of art in the medium. He was the pioneer and trendsetter for modern Dark Fantasy, being a huge influence for amazing franchises like Dark Souls.

I'd like to tribute this thread to all the amazing stuff Kentaro Miura has done.

[Image: 58zN3aj.png]

“You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.”
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: Threatening to dox a member and alt account. https://i.imgur.com/n3WqW83.png Registration IP: 92.60.40.212 Last Known IP: 92.60.40.211
Ah that's really sad, I really loved his work :(
Nice memorial.
Sat and watched it with friends at the weekend as a tribute, what an outstanding piece of work
O_O probably one of the most important mangakas of the century
RIP Kentaro Miura, hope you are in a better place.
Ban Reason: Multiaccounting
We used to say 'i hope he finishes berserk before he dies', now he never will. Thanks for years of entertainment.
Tragic loss. Feel like I lost an old friend. I consider Berserk a "complete" form of art, looking at the story, the characters, the world building and the sheer amount of creativity that went into it. It just has it all and it kept me hooked to this day and it felt so next level compared to anything else contemporary and anything which came after. It inspired so many to strive for that polish to dare to be creative, including myself.

If this means truly the end of Berserk, then I am sad and I will grief, but it doesn´t erase the legacy Miura has created, the inspiration lives on and for this I am grateful.

Thank you Miura and rest in piece.
that's sad to hear, May he rest in peace!
I was so sad hearing about his passing ugh...
Sad to hear this. Hope people with remember him.
Ban Reason: Multiaccounting
(June 15, 2021 at 01:55 PM)andrew96 Wrote: Sad to hear this. Hope people with remember him.

His work has a strong legacy, his death would only make him more famous now
When I heard this shit it broke me. Berserk was the first anime / manga I ever watched, actually knowing what anime was. Truly a masterpiece in the medium and seeing the eclipse as a teenagers was truly an eye-opening experience. Before that nothing really surprised me in the entertainment I consumed, being the edgy kid I was, but boy did the eclipse blow me away.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Berserk Mangaka Kentaro Miura died :( AndreDraggo 3 588 May 21, 2021 at 02:55 PM
Last Post: SunSinger-Adept