Reply-to-view content is bad
by grangus - September 11, 2021 at 09:08 PM
I've been thinking about the reply-to-view content here on RF and I personally think it's best if it gets removed. From what I've seen, all it does is encourage new accounts to post spammy replies in order to get access to content. This has some negative effects on the forum:

• More spam for staff to clean up.
  • Fewer chances of users seeing a warning reply(i.e, a method is a scam, a program is malware, etc).
  • It doesn't stop leeches from taking stuff without giving anything back.

I'm not sure if I'm missing the point of the reply-to-view system, so I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about it.
(September 11, 2021 at 09:09 PM)Sosolapute Wrote: I think if has its own pros (Getting a thread bumped so it doesn't sink)
If didn't exist, no one will bother replying and all threads will be with 0 replies. Which for instance will make the site look like no one is using it.

there are other forums that don't use reply-to-view and the threads do still get replies. you also have to take into consideration that quality is more important than quantity(at least imo)
Yes, no offence, you are missing the point!
(September 11, 2021 at 11:29 PM)oyhunt Wrote: Yes, no offence, you are missing the point!

well what IS the point!?
(September 11, 2021 at 11:49 PM)grangus Wrote:
(September 11, 2021 at 11:29 PM)oyhunt Wrote: Yes, no offence, you are missing the point!

well what IS the point!?

I don't get it, no offence, why you are even making a thread about this?

Hidden Content: You must reply to this thread or upgrade your account to view the hidden content.
(September 12, 2021 at 12:25 AM)oyhunt Wrote:

well what IS the point!?

Hidden Content: You must reply to this thread or upgrade your account to view the hidden content.

thing is, they would rather reply than upgrade. lets just remove the reply feature and force them to upgrade :devilemoji:
(September 12, 2021 at 12:36 AM)grangus Wrote:
(September 12, 2021 at 12:25 AM)oyhunt Wrote:

well what IS the point!?

thing is, they would rather reply than upgrade. lets just remove the reply feature and force them to upgrade :devilemoji:

...but you need a valid email to create an account then you will be able to reply. This new user may upgrade his account in the future. If user upgrades his account, RF will continue to exist. Hope never dies! Angel
(September 11, 2021 at 09:09 PM)Sosolapute Wrote: I think if has its own pros (Getting a thread bumped so it doesn't sink)
If didn't exist, no one will bother replying and all threads will be with 0 replies. Which for instance will make the site look like no one is using it.
I agree. If there is no content to answer, it will be boring and the author will have more motivation to share it with everyone
ou must reply to this thread or upgrade your account to view the hidden content.
(September 15, 2021 at 10:19 AM)mat1212 Wrote: ou must reply to this thread or upgrade your account to view the hidden content.

Let's see what this is... Thanks 

Leecher's textbook 101
(September 11, 2021 at 09:08 PM)grangus Wrote: I've been thinking about the reply-to-view content here on RF and I personally think it's best if it gets removed. From what I've seen, all it does is encourage new accounts to post spammy replies in order to get access to content. This has some negative effects on the forum:

• More spam for staff to clean up.
  • Fewer chances of users seeing a warning reply(i.e, a method is a scam, a program is malware, etc).
  • It doesn't stop leeches from taking stuff without giving anything back.

I'm not sure if I'm missing the point of the reply-to-view system, so I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about it.

I wish this was hidden, there's nothing quite like the anticipation of chatting some shit to open up a potential loot crate of wonder. 
Opening this post would have been a winner.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is there anyway to view Instagram photos without the API? joshuacaras 7 321 September 25, 2021 at 01:21 PM
Last Post: karabacakshady
OLD HTML Gmail View Jack Kowalski 6 401 September 23, 2021 at 03:51 PM
Last Post: Tuzmanji
Reply to this thread if you have all of your teeth moot 21 1,445 September 15, 2021 at 11:41 AM
Last Post: Jdlewis1