Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion: still a valid option?
In these days and age, do you feel that humanity still has a use for religion? Does'nt science (i.e. the scientific approach) hold all the answers (or all the possible questions)?

Are you still actually religious?
(04-17-2018, 02:35 PM)puccioni Wrote:  In these days and age, do you feel that humanity still has a use for religion? Does'nt science (i.e. the scientific approach) hold all the answers (or all the possible questions)?

Are you still actually religious?

it's okay. People are just stupid
science does not now that is why we have 30 genders
mostly people turn to religion, when science and in particular medicine can not help. When only a miracle can get rid of the disease, when everything is very bad, people turn to God, as if he were not called in different religions and so will always be until we become robots)
I usualy hate people who believe in that kind of stuff
I personally believe in religion for the fact that some nigga had to make this shit.
Science and faith go hand in hand. Two wings, can't have one without the other.
(04-24-2018, 04:44 AM)crazydude156 Wrote:  Science and faith go hand in hand. Two wings, can't have one without the other.

could not have said it better myself but religion is just stupidity Wink
Valid option for who ? For all humanity or for a part of it ? People who are religious are ignoring the science or they make strange collaboration between the both. The scientists are not fully ignoring a possibility of existence of universal reason but they are not trying to validate eternally their findings
(04-24-2018, 10:58 AM)dosqt Wrote:  could not have said it better myself but religion is just stupidity Wink

Despite the repeated Atheist "ur dumb" charge, the highest IQ individuals in the world are still theists...astounding!

(07-13-2018, 11:50 AM)TheCode Wrote:  People who are religious are ignoring the science or they make strange collaboration between the both.

But is this always the case? Let us take the example of Christians. There are Christians who are "Creationists" that do believe that the earth is 6000 years old and they will absolutely use Scientific Errors to argue their case (I'm specifically thinking of their saying that Carbon Dating is not an accurate method of measurement and that it can be manipulated). However, there are absolutely also other Christians out there who believe fully in the Theory of Evolution. I think a better statement would be "Many people who are religious..." because to presuppose all religious people are ignorant is the same as saying all Atheists are hedonists looking for an excuse to indulge.
Religion is the worlds culture & history. As diabolical as some of it's events were, the overall concept of using religion as a means to certain levels of morality, should be considered. If religion was taught in a more ethical perspective, dropping the certain anachronisms of homophobia, misogyny etc, people would be alot more tolerant and understand of different cultures.
sure, the future of religion must be a general view about past and present religions of the human race, and show to people that religion as the science search answers to the ethernal questions of the people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does this forum still even deserve the name "RaidForums"? Dystia 8 557 10-11-2017, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Dystia
  Congratulations, you're all still idiots. @witchhunters Tac 12 1,797 05-01-2017, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Mew
Exclamation What I See as Life's Purpose as in the Christian Religion McChicken 0 676 01-18-2017, 02:41 PM
Last Post: McChicken
Exclamation RAIDING IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL! DankMems 2 624 11-13-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: McChicken