Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Reaction Channels: Good or Bad Debate
So I was just talking about this to my cousins just now. One of my cousins and I like reaction channels, while the other two don't.

My belief is that there are many great reactioners on YouTube (BlastHD, who's been threatened by YouTube several times for copyright reasons btw), who have put in the work for their fans/subscribers.

However, my cousins argued that reactioners that have a large following become narcissistic and money-hungry, and their content just turns to shit. They also argued that reaction content is always recycled, although I argued that there is always new material that needs reacting, which makes the genre/category great.

So what do you guys think? Are reaction channels good or bad?
I'm not really a fan of reaction channels, but I get why some people might like them. It's about the same reason people watch twitch streams. They like to watch people play their favorite video games and see their emotions towards it (in this case, towards videos/television shows). You don't see the creators of the game copyrighting and taking down streams for making money off of their game. I guess when it comes to youtube, it depends on the channel who is doing the reaction. Either if they put more content in the videos they make, or just basically rip off the whole video and just add their face cam next to it. Some people like Jinx who do this are what makes the reaction genre seem bad, but it could be good if they put more thought into it. Rant channels like LeafyisHere and IHateEverything can be considered reaction channels, since they basically just react to a problem or video they stumbled upon. However, the thing that makes them different, is they only show portion of the video, and give their full input on it. So, there basically isn't a good or bad, it just depends on the content creators.

TL;DR: Depends on the channel
It's the hard knock life...
It's the hard knock life..

It's the hard-knock life for us

Steada treated,
We get tricked
Steada kisses,
We get kicked
It's the hard-knock life!

Got no folks to speak of, so
It's the hard knock row we hoe
Cotton blankets ...steada wool

Empty bellies ...steada full!
It's the hard-knock life

Don't if feel like the wind is always howling?
Don't it seem like there's never any light?
Once a day, don't you wanna throw the towel in?
It's easier than puttin' up a fight

No one's there when your dreams at night get creepy
No one cares if you grow...or if you shrink
No one cries when your eyes get wet and weepy
From all the cryin' you would think this place would sink
Oh.. oh

Empty belly life! (empty belly life)
Rotten smelly life! (no no no no no)
Full of sorrow life! (full of sorrow life...)
No tomorrow life!

Santa Claus we never see...
Santa Claus what's that? Who's he?

No one cares for you a smidge
When you're in an orphanage

No one cares for you a smidge
When your in an orphanage
It's the hard-knock life
It's the hard-knock life
It's the hard-knock life!
They're bad.
A person who can pump out a reaction video a day with hardly any contribution other than their face edited in will make more money off of YouTube than someone who actually puts legitimate effort into their videos to create good content, all while managing to leech off of other people's content.

It's not a question whether they're good or bad, it's a question of how bad they are.

Regardless of how much they polish it up, they're still 'creating' off of other people's content. This is especially scummy with YouTube, because someone who clicks on their video will be giving them the ad revenue money rather than the original creators. Honestly, what are the chances you'll go to the original creator to give them a view after you've already seen the video in someone else's reaction video?

'Reactioners' are a parasite on the internet and I honestly can't wait until people lose interest in them.
It depends do you mean H3H3 or CJSOCOOL?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which phone is good on a budget of $300? ogiraffe 9 239 11-13-2018, 12:49 PM
Last Post: horizonrays
  How Good Are You At Cracking? Mirale 3 213 10-27-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Mirale
  Good weekend? bitsandbytes 4 262 10-09-2018, 01:04 PM
Last Post: johnjonas
  What's a good "Scraping" app? gglove 7 368 10-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Last Post: VoUu0102
  is it fornite good ? Prismal 22 919 09-25-2018, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Hitler 0mac