Project xCloud
by Sunsingerlock - January 23, 2020 at 04:43 PM
So is it like you connect to them and are able to play high end games?
the amount of money you'd spend on these streaming services equates to you just building a Desktop that doesn't have that burden. not to mention the latency issues.
(February 01, 2020 at 01:27 AM)Intravert Wrote: the amount of money you'd spend on these streaming services equates to you just building a Desktop that doesn't have that burden. not to mention the latency issues.

And you'd rather own your own data. Shy
(January 24, 2020 at 10:28 AM)Sunsingerlock Wrote:
(January 23, 2020 at 05:15 PM)slavkosmith Wrote:
(January 23, 2020 at 04:43 PM)Sunsingerlock Wrote: If any of you have been keeping in touch with the latest on-demand game streaming services, Project xCloud (Microsofts answer to Stadia) has really kicked off. & NOW DESTINY 2 IS ON THE ROSTER OF GAMES TO PLAY. 

Seriously guys, read up about it, ive been using it intensely for awhile and it's such an amazing service.
and how good connection do you need for that ?

The average connection speed ranges around 400-600kb's, so a decent mobile connection will do it, and wifi will obviously be perfect :p

what is the latency like? For FPS games that  will be the issue
(February 03, 2020 at 10:46 AM)plastic Wrote:
(January 24, 2020 at 10:28 AM)Sunsingerlock Wrote:
(January 23, 2020 at 05:15 PM)slavkosmith Wrote:
(January 23, 2020 at 04:43 PM)Sunsingerlock Wrote: If any of you have been keeping in touch with the latest on-demand game streaming services, Project xCloud (Microsofts answer to Stadia) has really kicked off. & NOW DESTINY 2 IS ON THE ROSTER OF GAMES TO PLAY. 

Seriously guys, read up about it, ive been using it intensely for awhile and it's such an amazing service.
and how good connection do you need for that ?

The average connection speed ranges around 400-600kb's, so a decent mobile connection will do it, and wifi will obviously be perfect :p

what is the latency like? For FPS games that  will be the issue

I can comfortably play PvP in Destiny 2, so i'd say it's pretty damn good.
(January 25, 2020 at 05:52 AM)Ashfanino Wrote: Doubt any fast PVP game will work this way,, but it suonds good for casual gamers!

casual use for certain, and I guess pvp is ok too but if you're serious, youll want something else
(February 01, 2020 at 01:27 AM)Intravert Wrote: the amount of money you'd spend on these streaming services equates to you just building a Desktop that doesn't have that burden. not to mention the latency issues.

Agreed, just build a long lasting desktop and stop throwing money away on this sort of thing. The cost long term just ends up being more.
(February 05, 2020 at 02:54 PM)HassaMassa Wrote:

Agreed, just build a long lasting desktop and stop throwing money away on this sort of thing. The cost long term just ends up being more.

I think i've a fetish for streamlining. You can't knock 100% ownership tbh, and you're absolutely spot on. The xCloud service still hasn't been named on price as it's still in beta, but this Geforce now is at a 4.99 euro, so i'm assuming it's hit comfortable stride as a platform, I'm gonna give it a week, testing it on Desktop, Mobile & Netbook, will update later on my experience

If anyone is interested, then do sign up (There's a free service with restrictions on gameplay, and no ads either) 

Give it a shot!

[Image: nvidia_geforce_now_android_1.jpg?quality...all&w=1600]
Yeh you could build a PC but it would never stay up to date, when a new game comes out youd have to drop another $200 on GPU or something else,, so streaming makes sense I guess if you're casual,,, but I still won't consider it myself Smile
Pretty cool, still don't think I will use anything like this anytime soon as my internet sucks, tops at 30mbps.
if not work like stadia is good for me
(February 06, 2020 at 05:59 PM)estudk Wrote: if not work like stadia is good for me

Stadia suffers from a 2 point problem.

1. Providing 4K/HDR quality images, which is a little more complicated than just streaming 4K Netflix, as you have to consider the input commands being uploaded to the server for the game to compute and return to the desired actions taken from the gamepad.

2. The store front offers a service that's basically a paid service for the privilege of just using the product as well as paying full R.R.P for AAA games. If this was the only product to offer such a service, you'd have nothing to juxtapose with competitors. However, GeForce now unlocks your steam library, for a 4.99 membership free that comes with a 90 day starter free trial, and Microsofts xCloud is currently offering a select (& great) library of titles to use, only needing a Gamepass Ultimate sub, which also nets you Gold Multplayer access, the Gamepass Library on your Xbox AND PC. xCloud also uses as much data as streaming Netflix on your mobile, and provides a lower resolution for more responsive play and better handling.

Phil Spencer was completely correct in every respect to suggest that Amazon & Google are their competitors, as their market strategies are almost aligned, which currently, Microsoft is whipping everyone. This isn't sucking agency away from the impending PS5, which will obviously be a fantastic console with a superb library of exclusives, but Microsoft are obviously taking a stab at a multi-faceted product, rather than just a dedicated gaming device, which failed in the current gen, as Don Matterick wanted the Xbox to be a universal product for all media, Sky, etc. But a multi-facted strategy to offer the gaming experience across more devices, mobile and home will indeed create a winning product. Viva Xbox!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
The Global Digital Assets Protection Project Proposal cod38 0 279 October 14, 2019 at 08:34 PM
Last Post: cod38
ICO MAIN ICO website Script to run a successful ICO Project icoscriptinfo 1 592 November 11, 2018 at 08:37 AM
Last Post: sleepy99
Any idea for a good investigatory project or research? Elyse 6 1,093 March 28, 2018 at 03:56 PM
Last Post: brady64