New way to transact?
by kith - November 24, 2021 at 11:06 AM
If anyone who wanted to buy/sell with BTC/ETH/BCH etc had to put their wallet address on their marketplace thread, if they tried to scam after getting paid by deleting the conversation then it would be extremely easy to prove that the person got their money and couldn't deny not getting it.
(November 24, 2021 at 11:06 AM)kith Wrote: If anyone who wanted to buy/sell with BTC/ETH/BCH etc had to put their wallet address on their marketplace thread, if they tried to scam after getting paid by deleting the conversation then it would be extremely easy to prove that the person got their money and couldn't deny not getting it.

This would just allow for false scam reports, if someone doesnt like you, he just pays you the amount and claims you scammed him
(November 24, 2021 at 11:08 AM)CBT Wrote:
(November 24, 2021 at 11:06 AM)kith Wrote: If anyone who wanted to buy/sell with BTC/ETH/BCH etc had to put their wallet address on their marketplace thread, if they tried to scam after getting paid by deleting the conversation then it would be extremely easy to prove that the person got their money and couldn't deny not getting it.

This would just allow for false scam reports, if someone doesnt like you, he just pays you the amount and claims you scammed him
They could do that now anyway lol, at least if someone tried to fake a scam report you could send back the money they sent.

Not really. If someone where to do that, the seller could just return the funds (provided they're not a scammer)
I actually quite like this idea and utilize it in my selling thread(s) and on my profile.
(November 24, 2021 at 11:44 AM)Lycanroc Wrote:

Not really. If someone where to do that, the seller could just return the funds (provided they're not a scammer)
I actually quite like this idea and utilize it in my selling thread(s) and on my profile.

Obviously, this would just make the process more tideous, and easier for people to claim something false, just use middleman,
if i were to loose access to my wallet and the time ran out to edit/delete threads and someone paid, i would be fucked,
in other words, this can be completely avoided by advertising Middleman more strictly.
(November 24, 2021 at 12:00 PM)CBT Wrote:
(November 24, 2021 at 11:44 AM)Lycanroc Wrote:

Obviously, this would just make the process more tideous, and easier for people to claim something false, just use middleman,
if i were to loose access to my wallet and the time ran out to edit/delete threads and someone paid, i would be fucked,
in other words, this can be completely avoided by advertising Middleman more strictly.
The HF contract system is the best solution, but I guess MM is all we can do here for now. Shame people aren't smart enough to use one.