Need good distro.
by InfiniteOnTop - April 29, 2021 at 10:29 PM
I'm in need of good distro that isn't owned by NSA or FBI or any other shit. It must be debian cuz when i use my main then switch to laptop i get confused why my shitty command isn't working properly.
(DONT SAY MINT, KALI, QUBES, UBUNTU)
(April 29, 2021 at 10:29 PM)InfiniteOnTop Wrote: I'm in need of good distro that isn't owned by NSA or FBI or any other shit. It must be debian cuz when i use my main then switch to laptop i get confused why my shitty command isn't working properly.

ARCH, ARCH, ARCH Just use Arch god Damnit
(April 29, 2021 at 10:33 PM)CBT Wrote:
(April 29, 2021 at 10:29 PM)InfiniteOnTop Wrote: I'm in need of good distro that isn't owned by NSA or FBI or any other shit. It must be debian cuz when i use my main then switch to laptop i get confused why my shitty command isn't working properly.

ARCH, ARCH, ARCH Just use Arch god Damnit

I think CBT is trying to tell you Arch.

Get TempleOS lol

But what if they own every distro?
(April 30, 2021 at 02:36 PM)ChunkButter Wrote:

Then im gonna have free trip to usa
(April 30, 2021 at 02:58 PM)InfiniteOnTop Wrote:
(April 30, 2021 at 02:36 PM)ChunkButter Wrote:

Then im gonna have free trip to usa

Won't have to wait in customs that way either, good plan.
What exactly do you think is out there lol. Kali isn't a good main os, mint is for newbies, qubes is exactly designed to prevent exploits/malware, and ubuntu is pretty much the most wildly supported distro for linux in existence in terms of security updates. If you want debian-based, then use debian. You can use arch, and other linux flavors but you really need to define what "owned by NSA/FBI" means to you.
(April 30, 2021 at 03:11 PM)verking Wrote: What exactly do you think is out there lol. Kali isn't a good main os, mint is for newbies, qubes is exactly designed to prevent exploits/malware, and ubuntu is pretty much the most wildly supported distro for linux in existence in terms of security updates. If you want debian-based, then use debian. You can use arch, and other linux flavors but you really need to define what "owned by NSA/FBI" means to you.
By saying "owned by NSA/FBI" i meant that has atleast some good security
(April 30, 2021 at 03:24 PM)InfiniteOnTop Wrote:
(April 30, 2021 at 03:11 PM)verking Wrote: What exactly do you think is out there lol. Kali isn't a good main os, mint is for newbies, qubes is exactly designed to prevent exploits/malware, and ubuntu is pretty much the most wildly supported distro for linux in existence in terms of security updates. If you want debian-based, then use debian. You can use arch, and other linux flavors but you really need to define what "owned by NSA/FBI" means to you.
By saying "owned by NSA/FBI" i meant that has atleast some good security

I mean, all of them are open-source and based on the linux kernel.

You should look more into distributions that run with less software (arch) or look to do minimal installs of a ubuntu based distribution and harden based on apparmor profiles, iptable rules, and software that has sandboxing and is less prone to exploits.

You can run debian itself as well, just be aware that the things that make ubuntu work easier out the box (wifi) aren't included most times in Debian. So if you want decent functionality you'll have to sacrifice some security realistically.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Need a good All Mail Checker fizzsock 0 1,003 December 30, 2017 at 11:42 PM
Last Post: fizzsock