Microsoft PowerShell
by m0t0rbr34th - April 27, 2021 at 11:59 PM
What do you guys think of PowerShell? Does anybody here like to use it frequently?

I've seen pentesters using it but I personally think it's terrible.
PowerShell is very strong.Microsoft want to use PowerShell instead of cmd
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: 1 Week (2d, 16h, 13m remaining).
Ban Reason: Releaking content.
Depends on what it is being used for. As with any language the more familiar I am with it the more I like it.
I've got to learn more and get better at it but so far I'm not too impressed. Probably will change my mind sooner or later when I get better at it.
(April 27, 2021 at 11:59 PM)m0t0rbr34th Wrote: What do you guys think of PowerShell? Does anybody here like to use it frequently?

Why terrible, any particular reason? If at all you are comparing with Linux or anything else?
I only use it for doing an SFC scan, but that's about it lol
(April 29, 2021 at 07:25 AM)gintonic Wrote:
(April 27, 2021 at 11:59 PM)m0t0rbr34th Wrote: What do you guys think of PowerShell? Does anybody here like to use it frequently?

Why terrible, any particular reason? If at all you are comparing with Linux or anything else?

Besides I just don't like the look and feel it's the problem with that execution policy stuff. When you can't run scripts and it triggers security alerts.
It doesn't feel nice to use in my opinion
(April 30, 2021 at 02:12 PM)ChunkButter Wrote: It doesn't feel nice to use in my opinion

It's literally Blue MS-DOS.
Powershell is fucking great, so many useful things you can do w it.
It's Microsoft shit. Sure, it can do all the things, but do you want to learn that? Everyone knows linux shells and their scripting. If you had some bullshit job at a corporation where it was all Windows boxes, you'd pretty much have to know it and it would be handy but for us, nothing more than the basics.
powershell... ah yes, that weird ass language that looks like half of it was developed by people who love Java's camel case "DoSomethingThenThisOtherThing" stuff, the other half by people working on unix.

downloading a file to disk, "curl -o file https://foo.com/bar" is way too simple. it must be "Invoke-WebRequest -OutFile file https://foo.com/bar". want to redirect the output of a command in a file? "command > file.txt"... nope! It's "Command | Set-Content file.txt".

that's the reason nobody who's not absolutely forced to use it, uses it, and they just had to add proper linux to windows lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
What do you think about Discord being bought out by Microsoft? Damian9303 11 331 March 26, 2021 at 10:25 PM
Last Post: hipsavirdi
Microsoft 0-day mrpa1n 4 836 May 24, 2019 at 03:24 PM
Last Post: them4d
The reason Microsoft skipped Windows 9. GeneralGuac 1 1,302 July 08, 2015 at 09:32 PM
Last Post: Dexes