Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kickboxing?
(05-04-2018, 12:13 AM)CocoE Wrote:  
(05-02-2018, 01:23 AM)Merely Wrote:  
(04-16-2018, 09:28 PM)CocoE Wrote:  I've been wanting to do kickboxing ever since I was a kid but I'm too short and small for that life imo. My mom did put me in classes when I was like 8 but I would be a little bitch about it and skip most of them to play outside with my friends. I hate my younger self.

Try judo and Brazilian jiu jitsu my man, works out great for small people

My man I am a woman

did you just assume my gender
Been kickboxing for the past 5 years. Perfect way to rid myself of stress.
I have attended a class of Muay Thai for 6 months. It's amazing, though the fighting style may differs but in generals, martial arts make us tougher. The only thing that matters is to choose the right instructor.
First off, yes you're gonna be sore. Second, if you're throwing knees and elbows it's Muay Thai. Thirdly, you're not going to be sparring when just getting into it. If you're hard sparring at your gym and you've only been there a few weeks, find a new gym. That is for fucking dumb ass meat heads that will get torn up by anyone with any experience and I mean any. If you have no experience and you fight a guy with 1 year of experience, he will knock your head off.
I been wanting to try it for ages now but never had the time to do so. It is an interesting sport but will take long time to be good at imo, but thats like anything else in the world so as long as u keep going u will be good at it
(05-04-2018, 09:14 AM)gipollma Wrote:  Be aware of your knees bro with this sport. Use protections...

Like he said

I've been doing thai box for a few weeks and my chins and knees are always blue / purple
Yes I have heard many great things and the health benefits of kickboxing, it is definitely a sport you should take up!
i dont my head to be kicked in lol
If you get injured, take the time out to heal and you should be good.