Japanese Language - does it worth it to learn ?
by tj001 - November 05, 2021 at 03:09 AM
Does it worth it to learn the Japanese Language ? If so is there a page/app/service do you recommend to start ?
Depends on what industry you work in and whether or not you want to live and work in Japan.
As a foreigner working in japan you will require at minimum JLPT N2 for any meaninful business conversation.
Just to watch anime ... i'd say no. But if you love the language and love to learn, and are a little bit self masochistic then for sure give it a try.
Let me know how you feel when you get to some of the more advanced kanji.
Nothing wrong learning a 2nd language, Japanese is very easy to begin learning, but its pretty hard to master.
Japanese is an interesting language and no matter how you learn it it's good for your head. Not sure if you can do it from just watching anime though.
I think it is more important what is your motivation to learn Japanese. (For me) It takes time and effort to learn a new language. Besides study words and grammar. Try to find somebody who you can practice with him or her. Please enjoy learning a new language.
Japanese is very interesting if you are going to travel to that country or you like its culture, you can start with series or duolingo to learn it.
(November 15, 2021 at 01:39 PM)alkardo123 Wrote: Japanese is very interesting if you are going to travel to that country or you like its culture, you can start with series or duolingo to learn it.

Just make sure that notifications are turned off, otherwise that app fucking STALKS
of course its worth learning, looks great on a resume!
Japanese is the type of language that takes a whole lifetime to master. Good for a hobby but if you're serious about it, you gotta spend a lot of time learning it
(November 17, 2021 at 07:20 PM)BlueBlob Wrote: Japanese is the type of language that takes a whole lifetime to master. Good for a hobby but if you're serious about it, you gotta spend a lot of time learning it
It took me 1 week to learn Hiragana and Katakana, It took me another week to learn 75 Kanji and I can both read, write and speak with enough fluency to be able to watch Japanese TV and understand everything after half a year of learning, maybe less, I grew so much in my fluency by not using anime to learn the language because it is extremely unrealistic.
I think japanese may be good to learn if you want to live in Japan, travel there often or something like that, since from my point of view it's better to be able to communicate in their native language. Also know that most japanese people don't speak english fluently, and some of them not even basic, so it would be better to at least know how to ask questions and that kind of stuff. So if your goal is to know more about the japanese culture and all that then it's okay. But if you're going to learn it just for anime, then don't.
(November 17, 2021 at 08:04 PM)kith Wrote:
(November 17, 2021 at 07:20 PM)BlueBlob Wrote: Japanese is the type of language that takes a whole lifetime to master. Good for a hobby but if you're serious about it, you gotta spend a lot of time learning it
It took me 1 week to learn Hiragana and Katakana, It took me another week to learn 75 Kanji and I can both read, write and speak with enough fluency to be able to watch Japanese TV and understand everything after half a year of learning, maybe less, I grew so much in my fluency by not using anime to learn the language because it is extremely unrealistic.

Good job man that's great. But not everyone learns as fast as you. It would take most people way longer to get to your level and it also depends on how much time you actually have. Because if you do a bit everyday you will definitely get better faster.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Does anyone else get a guilty pleasure out of these netflix adaptations? Forgotten435 18 2,100 October 10, 2021 at 11:18 PM
Last Post: PandaNapkin73
The emptiness in Japanese/Korean culture tahmid111 5 570 September 23, 2021 at 05:42 PM
Last Post: PandaNapkin73
Counting in Japanese. kith 26 2,901 August 03, 2021 at 09:31 AM
Last Post: kith