Iphone or android?
by Halfskull - December 13, 2020 at 05:39 AM
I know this is a long debated topic but more specifically for privacy reasons. Give your thoughts down below on why one is better than the other
Privacy? iOS

Way more of a closed ecosystem so a lot harder to tamper with, and you actually get regular software/security updates unlike Android where you could wait a year or more for the newest update.
iOS definately because it's bullet proof from LE :D
(December 13, 2020 at 03:25 PM)Sem Wrote: Privacy? iOS

Way more of a closed ecosystem so a lot harder to tamper with, and you actually get regular software/security updates unlike Android where you could wait a year or more for the newest update.

Yea I think it depends on how you tune your privacy and security settings. Ex) if you use icloud you have no privacy
(December 13, 2020 at 03:25 PM)Sem Wrote: Privacy? iOS

Most def, the right answer. but just saying android I guess is too broad since there are also things like /e/ android os out there
Android without hesitation, they are much better phones
Privacy wise 100% Apple's iPhone, a no-brainer answer.
(December 18, 2020 at 10:14 AM)estudk Wrote: Android without hesitation, they are much better phones

Definitely not security wise
they are all the same different smell
Using android, I think it's fine.
inclined to say that Android phones are light years ahead of iPhone in terms of specifications, however... when you take Privacy into consideration my answer as to who is better would have to be iPhone in terms of the privacy category
Privacy, iOS. But.. Gov people use Android. So the devices can be secured.

Out of the box though, iOS is locked down--I'm pretty sure that is why Gov doesn't use them (at least the branch I am thinking of)--they can't install software they want.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Androids vs iPhone blitzjay2000 22 5,399 February 21, 2021 at 12:05 PM
Last Post: Aduar
new Iphone or new Android Bomber710 7 1,614 February 13, 2021 at 11:07 AM
Last Post: richylakes
I need to buy 30 Android phones NFUO2 11 713 January 31, 2021 at 02:43 AM
Last Post: NFUO2