Installing Kali Linux on to this new 6th computer
by thelinuxnerd - October 17, 2020 at 11:30 PM
Nigga use Qemu with KVM to emulate windows retarded ass piss smoking cretin
(November 05, 2020 at 12:06 PM)Cindy M Wrote:
(November 03, 2020 at 01:27 AM)NotInsane Wrote:
(October 18, 2020 at 02:03 AM)fhd Wrote: setup vmware and start play with it

VMware is better than virtualbox fax
also, kali is a horrible daily driver and it is better to set up a virtual environment with kali in it rather than having it as a main

In what way is vmware better? I have used both in the past and have not had issues with either.

in the past just like you I used both services and in terms of how smooth both were I'd pick VMWare as the favorite considering it is much faster in my experience and smoother with less bugs than VirtualBox

there are areas which VirtualBox has an advantage over VMWare for example when you want to use either service for business related work you would be expected to buy a license for VMWare whereas you can use VirtualBox for free, and VirtualBox isn't exactly as limited in features whereas VMWare has a lot of limitations and if you want more features you would need to buy a license

But in my opinion it is dependent on the scenario you are in if you want to pick either service considering they have their own pros and cons, if I wanted stability I would go with vmware however if I wanted to use a service that had a UI with more simplicity and wasn't so limited in features I would use VirtualBox
(November 05, 2020 at 12:24 PM)NotInsane Wrote:

also, kali is a horrible daily driver and it is better to set up a virtual environment with kali in it rather than having it as a main

In what way is vmware better? I have used both in the past and have not had issues with either.

in the past just like you I used both services and in terms of how smooth both were I'd pick VMWare as the favorite considering it is much faster in my experience and smoother with less bugs than VirtualBox

there are areas which VirtualBox has an advantage over VMWare for example when you want to use either service for business related work you would be expected to buy a license for VMWare whereas you can use VirtualBox for free, and VirtualBox isn't exactly as limited in features whereas VMWare has a lot of limitations and if you want more features you would need to buy a license

But in my opinion it is dependent on the scenario you are in if you want to pick either service considering they have their own pros and cons, if I wanted stability I would go with vmware however if I wanted to use a service that had a UI with more simplicity and wasn't so limited in features I would use VirtualBox

Vmware is most definitely stable , I ran it for a good couple years without many issues. I have yet to run virtualbox for a year + (but for now it has been fine) my tests with vmware were all old versions so unsure how later versions of the app work.
(November 05, 2020 at 12:29 PM)Cindy M Wrote:
(November 05, 2020 at 12:24 PM)NotInsane Wrote:

Vmware is most definitely stable , I ran it for a good couple years without many issues. I have yet to run virtualbox for a year + (but for now it has been fine) my tests with vmware were all old versions so unsure how later versions of the app work.

yeah, that is why I moved to VMWare because of the stability it has, the new versions are pretty okay since i currently use it for pentesting and have no issues
VirtualBox was okay since it was my first option to use of either services when I got into pentesting but it was pretty slow and had a lot of bugs as time went on but when I went to VMWare I didn't bother going back
Does anyone know anything about Qube OS? I've been looking into it recently.
I think Kali has too much tools.
i use vmware all the time its such a good program
bro get gnu+ shits way better
Real men use qemu and kvm to run vm, virt-man is a nice front end.

(November 05, 2020 at 04:16 PM)Sunsingerlock Wrote: Does anyone know anything about Qube OS? I've been looking into it recently.

everything is run in its own vm. you isolate/containerize your work-flow which makes the os very secure. you will need to run it on bare metel i think, also not all hardware works i think.
Just run as VM, can be unstable sometimes and good only for hack child

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How do you hide adult files(pictures,movies) from computer? colum28 35 737 Yesterday at 06:00 PM
Last Post: burpingjimmy
computer not detecting keyboard - help needed thelinuxnerd 1 157 October 19, 2020 at 03:25 AM
Last Post: EPP
Up to 6th computer on saturday thelinuxnerd 3 190 October 16, 2020 at 04:56 PM
Last Post: ChunkButter