If I want to hire a person with these skill what job title should I look for?
by redXXX - October 16, 2020 at 09:25 PM
So I am on a job posting site where I want to hire a guy part time who:

• Knows basic ssh commands.
  • Knows web hosting related stuff like DNS records, redirect a domain, mask a domain).
  • SMTP related stuff.
Nothing too fancy just should follow a guide which includes installing SMTP from a given script which does 90% of the stuff but there are sometimes tech difficulties and at that time he should be able to solve those on its own.
So what kind of title should I look for? I thought IT admin but that would be too much and I'd have to pay him crazy.

PS: IAM NOT LOOKING TO HIRE FROM HERE. I already know many retards will think I am looking to hire from here and will msg me regarding this so I am just making that clear.
What are you planning to host? I mean the things you are looking for can be done from some hosting providers for free if you choose the right one. Send me a PM and I will send you one that might be able to do this for you.
(October 16, 2020 at 11:07 PM)kkmans Wrote: What are you planning to host? I mean the things you are looking for can be done from some hosting providers for free if you choose the right one. Send me a PM and I will send you one that might be able to do this for you.

I'm looking for someone who can manage technical side of my email marketing operations like creating smtps, handling technical errors if any.

90% of it is repetitive task.
Why bother with a title...especially for a part-time gig?

Just say something like "Tech support for email marketing operations". Then list the stuff you mentioned as "Required Skills" and your pay rate and see if anyone bites.
(October 17, 2020 at 07:41 AM)davz Wrote: Why bother with a title...especially for a part-time gig?

Just say something like "Tech support for email marketing operations". Then list the stuff you mentioned as "Required Skills" and your pay rate and see if anyone bites.

hmm yes. Actually in linkedin and other hiring sites they ask for a "Job title" when searching for candidates.
Ah, got it. I would just use "Tech Support" then. Generic so it can mean a lot of different things, and probably won't set expectations for high pay.
(October 17, 2020 at 08:21 AM)davz Wrote: Ah, got it. I would just use "Tech Support" then. Generic so it can mean a lot of different things, and probably won't set expectations for high pay.

Yes.
I guess I'll just post on internet marketing etc forums and there I might the guy I'm looking for.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
It's happening again at my current job: we're all fired thelinuxnerd 7 174 1 hour ago
Last Post: ChunkButter
What should you know in your younger years? Extortion 3 111 1 hour ago
Last Post: ChunkButter
There's a 100% confirmed demon girl at my job (my job is haunted) thelinuxnerd 7 203 November 23, 2020 at 03:34 AM
Last Post: tooshort4one