How to get microsoft office without all the "cloud" bullshit
by L33THACKER105 - August 09, 2019 at 06:46 AM
I really value my internet privacy and hate that the latest version of Microsoft office is office 365 which promotes syncing data to your Microsoft account that should never be synced, and even when you turn all the cloud bullshit off they still try to make you accidentally save your files to one drive and everything. What is a cheap way to run something equivalent to office 365
try LibreOffice, it's free
(August 10, 2019 at 07:56 AM)underpressure Wrote: try LibreOffice, it's free
I already started using open office, but is libre office better?
(August 09, 2019 at 06:46 AM)L33THACKER105 Wrote: I really value my internet privacy and hate that the latest version of Microsoft office is office 365 which promotes syncing data to your Microsoft account that should never be synced, and even when you turn all the cloud bullshit off they still try to make you accidentally save your files to one drive and everything. What is a cheap way to run something equivalent to office 365

I was about to suggest open office, but seems like you're already trying it. If goes well - nice! If not, i'd look for office 2019 instead of office 365. Might be better in terms of syncing
(August 10, 2019 at 09:19 AM)L33THACKER105 Wrote:
(August 10, 2019 at 07:56 AM)underpressure Wrote: try LibreOffice, it's free
I already started using open office, but is libre office better?
Yes, OpenOffice is almost dead. Quote from the wiki page:

Quote:Difficulties maintaining a sufficient number of contributors to keep the project viable have persisted for several years. In January 2015 the project reported a lack of active developers and code contributions.[8] There have been continual problems providing timely fixes to security vulnerabilities since 2015.[9][10][11][12] Downloads of the software peaked in 2013 with an average of just under 148,000 per day compared to less than 50,000 in Q2 2019.[13]

For personal use I always found Libre Office to be enough. For professional use it's much more difficult.
You have to get the cracked version unfortunately
Cracked version dosen't integrate with cloud services so that is the way to go. To be honest use older version of Office, they are more stable and clean.
Or like my precedors said use LibreOffice, it is not that clean but if you search enough you shold be able to find most of the functions from M$ O.
Just use LibreOffice. Although, unless you actually need it for school, just use txt files.
Maybe try OpenOffice? I'm using it and it's awesome
cracked >>> LibreOffice >>>> OpenOffice
Libre Office should be good for most projects. If you still require some features from MS Office, try to get it from a university library that provides free downloadable copies for students (whether you're a student or not).
Go with Google Docs! Any changes you make those will be instantly saved. Amazing stuff if you're doing general doc editing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Microsoft Windows 10 LTSC Enterprise 2019 MSDN / February 2019 gearcapitan 2 651 July 08, 2020 at 03:13 AM
Last Post: sadig
BYPASS MICROSOFT WINDOWS CLOUD ACCOUNT CREATION UPON SETUP thekilob 2 116 July 06, 2020 at 02:44 PM
Last Post: Fetisha
[Direct Link] Office 2010, 2016, 2019 fachrils 5 297 June 27, 2020 at 01:28 PM
Last Post: tikz