Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to decrypt SHA Password.
can someone give me some advice to decrpt SHA Password?
I honestly thought this was going to be a HQ thread of someone explaining how to Decrypt SHA Passwords... Well what can i expect from all the HQ leechers posting every 5 seconds.
There are many sha password: sha1, sha256, sha512 etc..
You can't decrypt them, you can only attack with bruteforce or dictionary.
For sha1 there are many services online which let you to decrypt with known passwords. Try to search sha1 reverse or sha1 crack.
For offline attack you can try hashcat with good GPU.
(03-02-2018, 04:04 PM)flatus Wrote:  I honestly thought this was going to be a HQ thread of someone explaining how to Decrypt SHA Passwords... Well what can i expect from all the HQ leechers posting every 5 seconds.

Exactly my thoughts lmfao
There are many sha password: sha1, sha256, sha512 etc..
You can't decrypt them, you can only attack with bruteforce or dictionary.
For sha1 there are many services online which let you to decrypt with known passwords. Try to search sha1 reverse or sha1 crack.
For offline attack you can try hashcat with good GPU.
SHA is not an encryption algorythm, but a hash algorythm. You can't "unhash" SHA passwords.
The first try is to check for rainbow table entries. However if the hash is not known (complex or salted password), then you have to bruteforce it.
You can use John The Ripper, wich supports raw sha hases. Then you'll need a big password dictionary, you can generate one on the fly using various tools or download some leaked DBs with passwods.
Check hashcat out if you have a strong gpu
(04-01-2018, 03:06 PM)Windowshopper Wrote:  Check hashcat out if you have a strong gpu

still take forever and a day tbh
sha is a cryptographic hash function, not a functional encryption method. you can't decrypt a sha hash for the same reason you can't "uncook" a steak. once it's done, it's done.

you have to bruteforce the hash, either using wordlists or rainbow tables. rainbow table attacks only work with "pure" hashes, that haven't been salted. salted hashes will have to be bruteforced with wordlists.
SHA1 is a hash algorithm dont a cipher algorithm
SHA can't decrypt, try to attack with bruteforce or dictionary