How to Properly Set Up Kali Linux
by FrostZer0 - January 25, 2020 at 08:01 PM
Always have problems setting up kali, and those tools are possible to get on other linux distros, so i dont see a big reason for using kali.
I would recommend starting with Kali, just for beginning and then moving on to parrot.
run it in virtual machine and never use for host OS
(February 12, 2020 at 12:38 PM)estudk Wrote: run it in virtual machine and never use for host OS

Then you limit yourself from using certain functions that do not operate in a virtualized environment. Ran into that a couple times. My lappy is Kali only. But definitely not kali bare metal on a production machine lol.
Depends on what you're using Kali for - it'll be more efficient to dual boot performance wise - though the portability/simplicity of a USB is quite nice / easier to manipulate in terms of partitioning.

If you have the space though - and won't be using it on the go, I would dual boot. If you have a spare USB - could always do both
I use kali for both pentesting and development, as long as you know how linux works you can setup ur own enviroment, distros are retarded.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Free Linux Distros Vs paid ones Mefistogr 10 434 September 11, 2020 at 11:18 PM
Last Post: ill13
Parrot OS vs Kali Linux? dizzainera 30 2,962 August 23, 2020 at 10:49 AM
Last Post: lowkeygod
Any Alternative OS's other then linux/win/mac Otastity 11 1,181 August 21, 2020 at 04:56 PM
Last Post: Shock3212