Help with forgotten password
by Jin Osamu - September 11, 2019 at 08:58 AM
Hello, my mother has a LG K12 +(with android 8.1)  phone and when she put a new password she ended up forgetting the new password.
I looked on google for help with this situation and all the websites i read said to make the phone go back to factory settings (which is unthinkable in this situation since she doesn't back up often and the phone has photos and important conversations ). Or tell me to download some software on my PC, which is also a problem since I don't have a computer, I only have a tablet

So I would like to know how I can unlock her phone without losing any files?
(September 11, 2019 at 08:58 AM)Jin Osamu Wrote: Hello, my mother has a LG K12 +(with android 8.1)  phone and when she put a new password she ended up forgetting the new password.
I looked on google for help with this situation and all the websites i read said to make the phone go back to factory settings (which is unthinkable in this situation since she doesn't back up often and the phone has photos and important conversations ). Or tell me to download some software on my PC, which is also a problem since I don't have a computer, I only have a tablet

Short answer:you're probably fucked
(September 11, 2019 at 09:05 AM)Unspoken Wrote:
(September 11, 2019 at 08:58 AM)Jin Osamu Wrote: Hello, my mother has a LG K12 +(with android 8.1)  phone and when she put a new password she ended up forgetting the new password.

Why? There's no way to unlock the phone without a computer?
(September 11, 2019 at 09:16 AM)Jin Osamu Wrote:

I mean, I might be wrong but you're probably going to have to reset the phone, and yes it would be almost impossible without a computer/laptop. I'm not familiar with Androids though.
(September 11, 2019 at 09:18 AM)Unspoken Wrote:

I mean, I might be wrong but you're probably going to have to reset the phone, and yes it would be almost impossible without a computer/laptop. I'm not familiar with Androids though.

Don't have any programs that I can use on the tablet?

Quick update

We have already found the password here. Thank you for your help.
(September 15, 2019 at 09:21 AM)Jin Osamu Wrote:

Quick update

We have already found the password here. Thank you for your help.

how'd you figure it out?
for the other people looking at way to unlock android without password, I don't think there's any way to do it

the only way is a hard reset and you will lose all content (and you will need to remember the google account to setup again)