Help me understand
by linksipoo - June 06, 2021 at 11:54 PM
(June 10, 2021 at 09:17 AM)Der_Hund Wrote:
(June 10, 2021 at 09:01 AM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote:
(June 10, 2021 at 07:00 AM)Der_Hund Wrote:
(June 09, 2021 at 12:03 PM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote:
(June 08, 2021 at 08:07 PM)Der_Hund Wrote: haha exactly that! Mark Twain was a  genious

Mark Twain is a very clever bloke. People need to read more Twain, and Burkowski.
wasn't aware of Burkowski! will check him out. my favorite Twain quotes:
  • Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
  •  Don't let schooling interfere with your education.

HAha man, there's alot of things I would back to school and change. Our headmaster was pretty much a politician anyway.
you should go back in time and assassinate him Red Alert style (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfU1lYAIlWs)
I think I'd skip school, if I had to go back. maybe with today's knowledge I'd first shag all the hot lassies in the class and then definitely skip it and go to the beach or something. it was a total waste of time

I learnt more in college than secondary school tbh.
(June 10, 2021 at 09:33 AM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote:
(June 10, 2021 at 07:00 AM)Der_Hund Wrote:
(June 09, 2021 at 12:03 PM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote: Mark Twain is a very clever bloke. People need to read more Twain, and Burkowski.
wasn't aware of Burkowski! will check him out. my favorite Twain quotes:
  • Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

HAha man, there's alot of things I would back to school and change. Our headmaster was pretty much a politician anyway.
you should go back in time and assassinate him Red Alert style (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfU1lYAIlWs)
I think I'd skip school, if I had to go back. maybe with today's knowledge I'd first shag all the hot lassies in the class and then definitely skip it and go to the beach or something. it was a total waste of time

Can't say I learnt anything from both Angel
(June 13, 2021 at 08:31 AM)Der_Hund Wrote:
(June 10, 2021 at 09:33 AM)SunSinger-Adept Wrote:
(June 10, 2021 at 07:00 AM)Der_Hund Wrote: wasn't aware of Burkowski! will check him out. my favorite Twain quotes:

Can't say I learnt anything from both Angel

I didn't learn directly from college, I just had the freedom to learn about myself Smile
i dont see the point also
You should ask spesific questions, like:
Ancient Politics based on pagans / Traditional politics based on religions / modern politics based on free thinker/ etc .

Well, i think you ask about the modern one, so my answer is:
Peoples always wanted to reign over peoples to dominance the submissives with some ways: through force or brainwash ways
i think political debate is fun. but once you actually start talking about politics in practice it becomes less fun. but it's a fun conceptual exercise
(June 10, 2021 at 05:21 AM)EPP Wrote: "The Greek word for idiot, literally translated, means one who does not participate in politics. That sums up my conviction on the subject."
Pyle, Gladys Senator (1890-1989)

"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber." - Plato

"The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'." - Larry Hardiman

"Being in politics is like being a football coach. You have to be smart enough to understand the game, and dumb enough to think it's important." - Eugene McCarthy

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary." - H.L. Mencken

"Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into despotisms." - Aristotle

"Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other" - Oscar Ameringer

"Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable." - John Kenneth Galbraith

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." - Ernest Benn

And one for Sunny.
You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics. - Charles Bukowski

These are truly priceless.
Politics is a way for people to feel important. Particularly for those who aren't.