Gravatar Scraped Data - Leaked, Download!
by stegano - October 21, 2021 at 07:06 AM
Hello RaidForums Community,
Today I have uploaded Gravatar Scrape for you to download for free, thanks for reading and enjoy!

|Notes|
In October 2020, a security researcher published a technique for scraping large volumes of data from Gravatar, the service for providing globally unique avatars. We would like to also state that the version we provide is a cleaned partial version provided by @stegano, this is not the full version of the data and the emails remain hashed using MD5. View Gravatar's FAQ detailing the incident.

Compromised data: Email Addresses (hashed), First Names, Last Names, Usernames, Profile Metadata (About Me + Social Medias + Phone Numbers)

ContentsSpoiler
This download consists of 1 .SQL file, this leak does not contain any passwords and the emails have been hashed using MD5. The .7z File's MD5 Hash is A6BA0084EF1DD41EF816E668A8FACC90. Row count of 49,914,024.
Downloads Hidden Content
You must register or login to view this content.

Looks to be exactly what it is described as. Lots of data, using an API without hacking, I like it. Thank you.
Hehe, it's gonna be fun cracking these email hashes. :^)
(October 21, 2021 at 10:21 PM)Hater Wrote: Thank you.

Did you complete the enumeration or not? IIRC there were more than 49M but I don't know because I wasn't done scraping when that article came out and they patched it.

I was still scraping when they patched it. Had been scraping for 3 days. If I did my math right I was able to scrape at ~190 records per second. I did however enumerate the ID of the newest account, IIRC there are supposed to be about 66M records. Keep in mind I also removed all of the "deleted account" (hence gravatar_cleaned.sql.gz) rows which were just 404'd.
Nice dump and nice code ...
(October 21, 2021 at 11:59 PM)Hater Wrote:
(October 21, 2021 at 11:42 PM)stegano Wrote:
(October 21, 2021 at 10:21 PM)Hater Wrote: Thank you.

Did you complete the enumeration or not? IIRC there were more than 49M but I don't know because I wasn't done scraping when that article came out and they patched it.

I was still scraping when they patched it. Had been scraping for 3 days. If I did my math right I was able to scrape at ~190 records per second. I did however enumerate the ID of the newest account, IIRC there are supposed to be about 66M records. Keep in mind I also removed all of the "deleted account" (hence gravatar_cleaned.sql.gz) rows which were just 404'd.

I don't really remember but I think there was a gap after the 66M. I estimated that there should be 100M+ records at the time but not sure as they stopped me at like 30.

Just made an account, its ID is around 212M.

Damn. never noticed there was a gap.
I will pin the file on my IPFS Client. Thanks Smile
(October 21, 2021 at 04:40 PM)xam Wrote: Hehe, it's gonna be fun cracking these email hashes. :^)

It's fun xD

38.691.496 hashes-cracked
10.918.784 hashes-left
Looks to be exactly what it is described as. Lots of data, using an API without hacking, I like it. Thank you.
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: Permanent (N/A).
Ban Reason: Copy + Pasting Replies
Thanks for sharing this.
interesting jobs for all
Thanks for the data and effort

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Collection #1-5 & Zabagur & AntiPublic (Latest 120GB) (1TB TOTAL) - Leaked, Download! Omnipotent 2,057 1,340,880 46 minutes ago
Last Post: Throwaway102938
LinkedIn Database - Leaked, Download! Omnipotent 896 250,300 48 minutes ago
Last Post: dfotis
Xbox360ISO Database - Leaked, Download! Kiss9 14 6,509 1 hour ago
Last Post: dune